Central Park - Outside Dining

Sailing on the Allure in the Caribbean in October. For outside dining in the evening (6-8) in Central Park (Italian, Steakhouse), how is the experience? Is it too hot usually in the Caribbean? Covered in case of showers? Really popular so hard to get tables outside ? Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Sailing on the Allure in the Caribbean in October. For outside dining in the evening (6-8) in Central Park (Italian, Steakhouse), how is the experience? Is it too hot usually in the Caribbean? Covered in case of showers? Really popular so hard to get tables outside ? Any other thoughts? Thanks.

I don't know if its the best answer, or the simplest answer, but it varies and you have to play it by ear. I don't think they assign seats umtil you get there, but my only experience is Chops. Of the 3 times I've eaten there on an Oasis class, its been nice enough to want to eat out there and it was available. Once it was too hot.

Central Park is in the shade at that time of day, remember it's basically a courtyard in the center of an eight story building.

As far as rain, it's unlikely to rain at that time of day, unless it's a large storm or band of rain.

Too hot is subjective, of course, but speaking as a guy who considers air conditioning to be one of the greatest inventions of all time, I'm almost never too hot in the Caribbean. I'm never overheated on the ship. There's always some sort of air movement, even when eating in Central Park, and the temps are usually in the 80's, which is more than tolerable when you're just sitting there.

We've had dinner outside at Chops and it was raining, but there is a glass roof, so we didn't get wet. I have not eaten outside in Central Park at night other than that. In summer, it is too hot to eat out there during the day and we don't go to the Park Cafe at night.

Every time we've eaten in Giovanni's we were never even asked if we wanted to sit outside at dinner. I do know though last year on a formal night someone wanted to eat at Giovanni's and the man had shorts on and was told he could only dine outside. I don't know if that's the norm or not as my family doesn't wear shorts at dinner ever.

The chairs outside of Jaimie's on Harmony are the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever had the displeasure of sitting in. Just sayin'

I would say the same about some of the chairs inside there. We asked for different chairs.

We did a walk up to Chops and the only seats were outside so we took it. As stated, to hot is subjective. However, we found it perfect plus felt less crowded and less noise than when we have eaten inside. Believe it or not the breeze is mostly from the A/C that's pumped into CP.

On our last cruise on the Allure, we ate in various specialty restaurants in Central Park. It never rained so I can't tell you about that but it was warm but not uncomfortably so. Just sitting outside, eating and watching others stroll by was delightful!