Need Some recommendations

We cruise only once every year and generally prefer a 7-14 day cruise covering Christmas and New Years, we are a family of 4 with kids 16 & 12. We spend a good chunk of money as this is our only vacation each year.

I have sailed Carnival and NCL so far at the top tier, considered MSC (paid and cancelled) but do not find the food appetizing.

Here are the most important things for us:

No waiting in long lines (that's the last thing we want to do on a vacation) at embarkation and ports.

Upscale Food (Included in Price), Somethings that is visually appealing and tasty.

Fun Activities for the Kids.

Clean Well appointed Cabins.

Christmas is one of the most popular times of year for cruising with families, so I am not sure you will find many options that won’t have at least some waits to board / disembark and at ports. Many recommend Holland America, Princess and Celebrity for better food quality and a more upscale feel. None of those seem to have as many, or any, activities / attractions that would appeal to a 12 and 16 year old. Royal Caribbean, NCL and Carnival are probably best in that area.

One option to possibly limit the potential crowds is to look at cruises out of San Juan, since many don’t want to spend the additional time / money to fly there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Christmas is one of the most popular times of year for cruising with families, so I am not sure you will find many options that won’t have at least some waits to board / disembark and at ports. Many recommend Holland America, Princess and Celebrity for better food quality and a more upscale feel. None of those seem to have as many, or any, activities / attractions that would appeal to a 12 and 16 year old. Royal Caribbean, NCL and Carnival are probably best in that area.

One option to possibly limit the potential crowds is to look at cruises out of San Juan, since many don’t want to spend the additional time / money to fly there.

Thank you, that is exactly the conclusion I am coming to after some research. Going to try the RCCL Suite class

We've sailed on RCCL and can recommend the quality of the food. Even with their open dining option and a different table each night, we found the service professional and enjoyable. The larger ships have some good entertainment options for kids, and we have never had a problem finding someplace to sit that was quiet.

Thank you, that is exactly the conclusion I am coming to after some research. Going to try the RCCL Suite class

Good choice. We primarily cruise with RCCL and have been happy. Food and entertainment are good and a lot for kids of various ages.

• 2 weeks later...