Curacao and Aruba with kids 4-9 yr old

switzypooh

Any suggested itineraries or "must dos" for Curacao and Aruba with kids ages 4-9? Curacao is afternoon and evening (1pm to 10pm), and Aruba is day (8am to 5pm).

We'd like to try snorkeling on at least one of the days - if we only do that once, which island has better snorkeling?

Also, both Islands have Ostrich farms - does anyone know the difference?

Will a jeep tour too much for the 4 year old? (she is pretty tough, but is still 4). The natural pool sounds amazing, but will it be ok for that age?

Is the Sea Aquarium on Curacao good, or tourist trap?

Other suggestions? Thanks. :)

Aruba does not have good snorkeling; plan this activity on Curacao. If you must visit an Ostrich farm, I'd go to the one on Aruba. The jeep tour can be hot, dusty and rough. Only you know if your DD would enjoy that.

Just be aware that the Natural Pool can be really crowded, it's a steep hike down, and the rocks are very, very slippery. Climbing in and out might be difficult. Don't wear flip flops. I personally would not even consider taking a four year old.

It just isn't that great, IMO, but many people love it. You may want to read the reviews on tripadvisor.com about the Natural Pool before making your decision.

Go to the Ports of Call forum here to the Caribbean and read through the Aruba and Curacao posts. I know nothing about the aquarium.

I think it's called DePalm island in Aruba - that might be something to look into. It's been awhile since I was there but I'vn been twice. The snorkeling was really good, though the water was rough. So not the best place for kids to snorkel. But they had other activities too and maybe a kid area? I'm sure you can find lots of info if you google it. We're going to Aruba and Curacao with our 5 and almost 2 year old in March. Also looking for ideas. Though they are happiest on a beach!

Thanks for the info! We'll definitely do the snorkeling in Curacao rather than Aruba. Too bad we have less daylight hours there. We don't "have" to go to the Ostrich farm, but it looked like it would be fun for the kids. Butterfly farm on Aruba also sounds like it could be fun?

If we decide just to do a "beach" day, any recommendations for beaches that would be good for kids? (i.e. some amenities like bathrooms, food etc.) Doesn't have to be fancy resort (actually, don't need that b/c we get that on ship anyway).

We visited the ostrich farm along with the aloe plantation on Curacao. It is one of my all time favourite excursions. We also visited DePalm island on Aruba. It would be a good beach choice for children that age. My ds was 2 or 3 when we visited and he really liked the water park. There are several possible activities there.

Archived