MSC vs. RCCL

drpclarke

I have been on Carnival twice.........and Royal Caribbean once. RCCL was by far my favorite. Carnival was a little too loud and gaudy. I am looking at doing one of the MSC cruises next year......how does MSC compare in "atmosphere" to Carnival and RCCL?

Thanks!

Rachel

Fantasy 12/00

Imagination 6/01

Splendour 6/03

I haven't been on MSC but if you are expecting a typical American mass-market product, at this point I would stay away. At the moment MSC is just beginning to cater to the American market and they are still primarily a European-market line. This is probably going to change in the next few years but in the meantime if you are looking for something at all similar to Carnival or RCI you'd probably be best off not trying MSC just yet.

Doug Newman

Cruise Critic Message Boards Host

e-mail: shiploverny AT yahoo DOT com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rachel,

First Of All The Opera, Which I Highly Recommend Is Brand New, The Msc Lines Are Smaller In Size And Do Offer Plenty Of European Service. Ships Are 55,000 Tons.

She Is Doing Some Wonderful Med Itineraries And New To The Caribbean This Fall And Winter, Also The Lirica Is Going To Be Doing Caribbean From Fll.

I Can Tell You That The Line Is Different Than The Mega Ships And More Personal Service, Not So Much Noise, It Should Be A Very Nice Addition To Our Market Here.

Feel Free To Email With More Questions,

Luv2cruize

Guest Anorak33

Hey Luv2Cruize - are you the same person who has been bidding on MSC cruises at auctions?

I saw your handle on there - if it was you did you win any?

I got one - 17 day Transatlantic for $379 plus $395 in extras. Previous auction for same cruise went for $552. Big difference for 2 passengers.

Looking forward to it, right after Christmas. Just a little concerned about the Atlantic in January?????

Archived