New S&S procedures

G&TQ

We were on the Vista in December (and cruise again on her this December).

They were doing the S&S cards in your mailboxes last year and it didn’t seem to really speed anything up, in all honesty.

i think it also keeps the people out of the cabin areas too until its time

OK....I am totally @ lost concerning this topic ... but can someone explain what this change means? Sorry for being so dumb... but I don't understand what changes are being made with the S&S card.:rolleyes:

Instead of getting your sail and sign card when you check in, the card is in an envelope waiting outside your stateroom. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but check in was super fast!

My question: If someone were to take the S&S Card out of the mailbox, wrote down the Cabin number, what security measures are in place? I think the persons last name would be asked. :confused:

Thanks.

The S&S cards are in a sealed envelope, you would know that it was tampered with. I have not heard of one true issue since they implemented this and think of it as a significant enhancement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My question: If someone were to take the S&S Card out of the mailbox, wrote down the Cabin number, what security measures are in place? I think the persons last name would be asked. :confused:

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure " your" picture shows up when using the S&S card. Would be very difficult to use.

As far as getting into your cabin, there is nothing valuable in the cabin until you get there.

If you are suppose to get 2 S&S cards and the envelope is tampered with go to guest services to get new ones.

I was on the Magic the end of Sept. out of Port Canaveral, and we received our S&S cards upon check in. We were able to proceed to guest services immediately upon boarding, and load our gift cards onto our account. If they start putting your S&S cards in the mailboxes, will you have to wait until 1:30 to retrieve them? I would think that would really cause a lot more congestion at the guest services desk later in the day.

There have been many threads about this since it was implemented. And, initially, most people reacted negatively because most people seem to hate change.

I always love the declarations of "it will never work" and "what about this?" and "what about that" until people actually use it and find it works just fine.

All the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth for nothing. ;p

No idea how it will be done on the ships that don't have a mailbox. It was the "old" way on Ecstasy 8/30.

I was on the Magic the end of Sept. out of Port Canaveral, and we received our S&S cards upon check in. We were able to proceed to guest services immediately upon boarding, and load our gift cards onto our account. If they start putting your S&S cards in the mailboxes, will you have to wait until 1:30 to retrieve them? I would think that would really cause a lot more congestion at the guest services desk later in the day.

Though those with general boarding will need to wait until between 1&2pm to get their S&S cards from their mailbox, there is no reason to wait to go to the GS desk to load cash or gift cards to your S&S account. Just like buying drinks before getting our card, you use your boarding pass at the GS desk. Though without the S&S card it will be harder or impossible to use the kiosk.

Thanks.

You would see that the envelope had been tampered with, go to GS and they would give you a new card w new folio number.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk