LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

Thanks for this report. Will read it in full later :) Interesting to hear about the differences on this ship compared to others in a similar class.. We have just booked the New Years cruise sailing from Sydney to New Zealand on 30 Dec 2018, and looking forward to it. Curious to see how it goes and if they tweak it a bit for the Australian market (generally speaking, we prefer more bars, and less shopping and gambling).

• 3 weeks later...
Just wonder if any one dancing in the piazza when the band played music. We always enjoyed dancing in the piazza or Vista Lounge with the live band.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes! I was actually surprised by the number of people dancing in the Piazza. Many more than on a Caribbean cruise.

As I understand it, the cruise card when used to open a cabin door did not have to be inserted into a slot, just brought near the detection device on the door.

Do you know what was the situation with slot machines? Insert the card into a slot or bring it near a detection device?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hello CCers! Welcome to another of my photo-rich LIVE From instalments.

It's still a few days till we cruise, but I thought I'd start with our trip and adventures in Rome before we board.

I'll be concentrating on pics aboard the ship so people can see what she's like, rather than the ports.

This is our first Med cruise, and we're super excited. Although some of the changes aboard the Majestic aren't to our liking (RIP Crooners!) I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Stay tuned!

Steve.

Thank you for your review. I especially enjoyed your sharing the dinner menus and pictures. I understand it was a 7 night cruise but only saw 6 dinner menus. Did I miss one or is that all you posted? Thanks.

Any chance if one can use the plug behind the TV? On some Princess staterooms this is possible.

Thanks for posting your thoughts & photos. I've done the same myself & am aware of the time involved. Especially since you can't post more than 6 at one time.

Tom😀

As I understand it, the cruise card when used to open a cabin door did not have to be inserted into a slot, just brought near the detection device on the door.

Do you know what was the situation with slot machines? Insert the card into a slot or bring it near a detection device?

Thanks

Sorry, didn't look at a slot machine close enough to see if they had card slots or RFID readers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your review. I especially enjoyed your sharing the dinner menus and pictures. I understand it was a 7 night cruise but only saw 6 dinner menus. Did I miss one or is that all you posted? Thanks.

Very astute of you! I did miss taking menu pics the second night, when our table was reassigned.

Very astute of you! I did miss taking menu pics the second night, when our table was reassigned.

Thanks for your reply. We like to plan our nights in the specialty restaurants around the offerings in the MDR so we do not miss the items we really like. I.E. Lobster, Filets etc.

• 1 month later...
Hello CCers! Welcome to another of my photo-rich LIVE From instalments.

It's still a few days till we cruise, but I thought I'd start with our trip and adventures in Rome before we board.

I'll be concentrating on pics aboard the ship so people can see what she's like, rather than the ports.

This is our first Med cruise, and we're super excited. Although some of the changes aboard the Majestic aren't to our liking (RIP Crooners!) I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Stay tuned!

Steve.

Was Toulon one of your ports? If so, did you dock in Toulon itself or in La Seyne-sur-mer across the bay instead?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

You must insert the card. If you are sailing soon, would you please retrieve some $$$$ I inadvertently left in the Dancing Drums slot machine?

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for taking time to do this review it's great seeing a cruiser's prospective, you increased my excitement for our first time cruise in March 18 from Singapore to Shanghai, we are very much looking forward to it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
My final thoughts...

Did we have a good time? Absolutely!

Would we sail the Majestic again? No. While I have no doubt she will be a hit in the Chinese market, I would choose a different Princess ship given the choice. I'm not sure how she'll go over with the Australians in a year and a half.

If anyone has any further questions, let me know.

Would you please elaborate on why you would not sail on Majestic again?

• 3 months later...
Not what I expected, but these four girls are some of the more notorious pickpockets in Pisa. The guides all know them and yelled at them to stay away. Watching them ply their trade was actually quite fascinating to watch. b8bad310b29315123d83ce457c1b6843.jpg

After meeting back up as a group we walked back to the bus and headed back to the ship. Got a nice shot from the bus. 4c357ef44a2bba87bc9c316dcc97414b.jpg

Thank you for including photos of pickpockets, who look like innocent teenage girls.

On closer look, you can see their tools of trade.

• 1 month later...
Not what I expected, but these four girls are some of the more notorious pickpockets in Pisa. The guides all know them and yelled at them to stay away. Watching them ply their trade was actually quite fascinating to watch. b8bad310b29315123d83ce457c1b6843.jpg

After meeting back up as a group we walked back to the bus and headed back to the ship. Got a nice shot from the bus. 4c357ef44a2bba87bc9c316dcc97414b.jpg

Loving this review and photos.

The second photo above is what I have been looking for! So Thank you. :D

We are doing 2 cruise b2b on the Majestic 18 Dec 18 followed by 30 Dec 18. We have an accessible club class cabin for the first leg with a lovely huge angled balcony, but on the second the only accessible balcony was M110. This is the first cabin on the side the deck above the bridge, so has a metal balcony rail. But looks like we will still have a good view when standing. Fortunately my powerchair can stand me up! (y)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread, although still have a few pages to read, I wanted to thank you and mark it.

We are booked to see New Zealand, November 24th 2018. This will be our second cruise to NZ but couldn't resist trying a new ship.