Pull Out Sofabed in Mini Suite - Teenager?

CAKNH

Hello all,

I’m going on my second Princess cruise in January; first time in a mini-suite. It will be my partner and me, and my 19 year old daughter on the pull out sofabed.

Our original plan was to book two rooms, and have one of my daughter’s friends bunk with her, but the friend fell through. At that point it made more sense to book a mini-suite for the three of us, as opposed to paying a single surcharge for her.

So my question is, how does it work with the room steward making up the sofa into a bed for her? Do we have to specify a time to have this ready? To complicate this further, she’s a bit of an introvert and likes to retreat to her bed for an hour or two to watch tv in the afternoon on sea days.

On our last princess cruise, it was just my daughter and I with two regular twin beds. Our steward was constantly knocking on the door on sea days, and (once she learned to put the do not disturb sign up) calling the room to make sure she was OK.

We are all seasoned travelers, just not seasoned cruisers. My daughter is more used to hotel travel, where the housekeeping staff comes in the morning, then ignores you for 24 hours. She’s definitely not used to a room steward that expects the room to be empty all day, every day. Our last steward was super sweet (I thought) and organized her makeup, toiletries, etc. I thought it was sweet; she thought it was creepy and invasive.

Any advice on what I should ask of our steward upon embarkation?

Thanks!

The stewards are great. We had a mini suite with our 17YO son on the Ruby last Januaryand we just let them know what time he wanted i changed over. He actually preferred for it to remain as a couch when he hung out in the afternoon to watch tv so it was easier access to the balcony.

We took our 20y/o daughter last year on the Ruby and she slept on the hide a bed couch. We talked to our steward the first day to let him know our morning plans, we usually left the cabin around 10am and would return after a couple hours and the cabin was done. If our daughter wanted to come back she would either sit/lay on the couch or just lay on top of our bed, no problem.

Hello all,

I’m going on my second Princess cruise in January; first time in a mini-suite. It will be my partner and me, and my 19 year old daughter on the pull out sofabed.

Our original plan was to book two rooms, and have one of my daughter’s friends bunk with her, but the friend fell through. At that point it made more sense to book a mini-suite for the three of us, as opposed to paying a single surcharge for her.

So my question is, how does it work with the room steward making up the sofa into a bed for her? Do we have to specify a time to have this ready? To complicate this further, she’s a bit of an introvert and likes to retreat to her bed for an hour or two to watch tv in the afternoon on sea days.

On our last princess cruise, it was just my daughter and I with two regular twin beds. Our steward was constantly knocking on the door on sea days, and (once she learned to put the do not disturb sign up) calling the room to make sure she was OK.

We are all seasoned travelers, just not seasoned cruisers. My daughter is more used to hotel travel, where the housekeeping staff comes in the morning, then ignores you for 24 hours. She’s definitely not used to a room steward that expects the room to be empty all day, every day. Our last steward was super sweet (I thought) and organized her makeup, toiletries, etc. I thought it was sweet; she thought it was creepy and invasive.

Any advice on what I should ask of our steward upon embarkation?

Thanks!

We had a mini-suite on our recent cruise. The sofa is a big one. 2/3s of it folds out to an almost double bed sized bed. But it does cut into the room and there's minimal space to get around it to the verandah. The steward also places the table & extra chair in the room along the side of the bed in front of the verandah.

1/3 of the sofa remains as a chair.

My mother-in-law slept in the sofa bed. She said it was very comfortable. She also would lay down on the sofa during the daytime for a nap. It's very long and fairly wide.

Steward would set up the bed configuration while we were at dinner, and fold it back up into a sofa when we would leave the room for breakfast. If you want some other schedule, you need to talk to your steward.

You can discuss with the steward what the regular set-up you want the couch to be. If the set-up becomes inconvenient for the 3 of you after a day or 2, you can discuss again with the steward. They are nice and accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone. I’ll have a chat with the room steward on day one. Glad to hear that the couch is big enough for “day lounging”. I just didn’t want her thinking that she didn’t have a place to crash out and relax without having to take our bed, or to have to constantly explain to the steward :)