Fairstar Itineraries - 1983

Unfortunately that website is now gone. I am always happy to try to help as I have a lot of brochures from the late seventies/early eighties on. Un fortunately some are missing such as Fairstar for 1983, but I am always happy to try where I can.

Cheers,

• 5 months later...

Hi David,

I am looking for an itinerary from a cruise I did on The Fairstar from Sydney in 1988, I think it was around October or November.

I do remember that the Australian band The Venetians was playing as entertainment on that cruise.

Am hoping you my be able to find the itinerary?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Serena :)

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately that website is now gone. I am always happy to try to help as I have a lot of brochures from the late seventies/early eighties on. Un fortunately some are missing such as Fairstar for 1983, but I am always happy to try where I can.

Cheers,

Hi David, do you have Sitmar Fairstar info for June/July 1983 from Sydney? Ports visited were Samari Island, PNG and Noumea and others in Pacific Islands. Thank You.

Hi David, do you have Sitmar Fairstar info for June/July 1983 from Sydney? Ports visited were Samari Island, PNG and Noumea and others in Pacific Islands. Thank You.

We went on our first cruise on the Fairstar in June-July 1983, but it didn't visit those ports. It went to the Pacific Islands including Fiji.

• 9 months later...

Hi David. I am trying to get details of a cruise I did in April 1992 on the Fairstar. I know we went to Champagne Bay, Noumea and Port Vila (we were there for 2 days due to a cyclone) but I can't remember the exact date and details and I am trying to get Princess to add it to my captains circle. I also cruised on the Fair Princess in 1998 around August, September or October. Do you have details for that ship as well. Thanks heaps

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone, maybe I arrived a little late, but I'm happy to find this group. I do not know if I can help you. From September 1983 to March 194 I was boarded on the legendary TSS Fairstar as a cadet officer. I have several photos and if maybe there are people who were on board during that period, I would like to hear them again. Greetings to all the people who read me and remember those good times.;)

Hi David. I am trying to get details of a cruise I did in April 1992 on the Fairstar. I know we went to Champagne Bay, Noumea and Port Vila (we were there for 2 days due to a cyclone) but I can't remember the exact date and details and I am trying to get Princess to add it to my captains circle. I also cruised on the Fair Princess in 1998 around August, September or October. Do you have details for that ship as well. Thanks heaps

Welcome to CC. I was on Castel Felice (Sitmar) Southampton to Sydney in 1966, several years ago I got the days put on my Princess Capts.Circle a/c as I had a document of identity with sail date and ship.

I hope you get the answers you need.

Hello everyone, maybe I arrived a little late, but I'm happy to find this group. I do not know if I can help you. From September 1983 to March 194 I was boarded on the legendary TSS Fairstar as a cadet officer. I have several photos and if maybe there are people who were on board during that period, I would like to hear them again. Greetings to all the people who read me and remember those good times.;)

Welcome to CC, I was on ye olde Castel Felice in 1966, UK/Australia. Great line Sitmar, great crew, I am sure you have some tales to tell.:halo:

Re Fairstar,

The South Pacific Explorers Cruise.

Cruise 33.

April 3, 1987, 13 Nights, 5 ports.

Itinerary

Sydney, Australia

Cruising Boulari-Havana’s Passage

Villa, Vanuatu

Dravuni Island, Fiji

Suva, Fiji

Mystery Island, Vanuatu

Noumea, New Caledonia

Sydney, Australia

We cruised as a family of 4

Inside Cabin was $1320.00 on C Deck with Facilities

Child’s price was $660.00.

Dining was in the Waldorf Restaurant

Hope this information is good for someone.

Regards Zac

That is most interesting - thanks for sharing.

I see that a typical itinerary for Sth Pacific Islands cruise has not changed much in 30 years :D

$1320 was a lot of money in 1987.

I was surprised to see Mystery Island on the list. I thought it was a fairly recent addition to cruiseship ports.

I see that a typical itinerary for Sth Pacific Islands cruise has not changed much in 30 years :D

I was surprised to see Mystery Island on the list. I thought it was a fairly recent addition to cruiseship ports.

Mr Walker, my cruise on the Fairstar in 1983 was little more than that for an inside cabin, sharing with 4 strangers on A deck without facitities, bathroom and toilet down the corridor.

Prices are great now compared to then.

We did the exact itinerary with Lautoka as well.

We just visited Mystery Island again last September, 34 years later:eek: and not too much has changed except for a few more huts and selling of tours..........lots of changes in me though haha!!

Yes $100 pp per day for an inside cabin was a lot of money back in 1987. Probably a month's pay back then. Even these days one can get an inside for $100 pp per day.:p Back in 1987, a family would have to be very well off to cruise.

I met my wife on P&O's Iberia in 1970, Sydney - Rabaul - Honiara - Latouka - Suva - Sydney. I am trying to remember how much it cost. I know I went with a mate and we shared an inside 4 berth cabin down on F deck with bathroom down the corridor.:rolleyes: Yes these days cruising is within reach of many people.

Welcome to CC, I was on ye olde Castel Felice in 1966, UK/Australia. Great line Sitmar, great crew, I am sure you have some tales to tell.:halo:

I have many things to tell, but the thing that really interests me to meet again the nurse who was then on board with whom I spent nice moments together

Yes $100 pp per day for an inside cabin was a lot of money back in 1987. Probably a month's pay back then. Even these days one can get an inside for $100 pp per day.:p Back in 1987, a family would have to be very well off to cruise.

I met my wife on P&O's Iberia in 1970, Sydney - Rabaul - Honiara - Latouka - Suva - Sydney. I am trying to remember how much it cost. I know I went with a mate and we shared an inside 4 berth cabin down on F deck with bathroom down the corridor.:rolleyes: Yes these days cruising is within reach of many people.

nice, good for you

I have many things to tell, but the thing that really interests me to meet again the nurse who was then on board with whom I spent nice moments together

ORLY and what caused you to visit the nursie while on a Fairstar cruise ......?

Oh wait, scratch that .... just being on Fairstar was a reason to visit the nursies.

Fairstar the Fun Ship ... more like Fairstar the F***ship I say *wink*

;p;p;p