One Sim Card company

Dbedros

I don't have the One Sim but I have used the Telestial for the past 4 years to call home while traveling, and it has been excellent.

http://www.telestial.com/

I have the economy plus pack. It includes the phone and international sim card. Basic rates are 29 cents per minute from some countries like Spain and Italy to the US. Because I call home daily when traveling and talk for 10 or 15 minutes, I searched for a sim card with a low rate.

http://www.telestial.com/promo/econopluspack.php

It answers to 2 telephone numbers, a US number and a UK number.

People can call you from the US without having to pay international long distance.

If you are on the ship, the rates for cell phone use are high. But often while outdoors on the ship, particularly if land is visible, I was able to pick up a signal tower from land (identified by country, like France, Italy, Greece, etc) and only pay 29 cents per minute.

(There is an online tracking with map of locations where you presumably called from, so friends and family could log in to view and leave messages for you. Some of those locations were towers on land that my phone picked up while the ship was sailing)

If you want to get the Telestial phone there is a 10% discount code "SLOWTRAV" that I saw while looking through the slow travel site.

Here is some info on World Phones from Slow Travel

http://www.slowtrav.com/europe/cell_phones.htm

I also have the Mobal phone. While it is easy to use, I haven't used it much because of the high rates. It is a good back up emergency phone.

http://www.mobal.com/international-cell-phones/

I just bought a one sim for my I phone it works just fine .....the roaming charges are cheap ,compared to what Aussie providers charge,I like the fact it's prepaid so no surprises when I get home.

The web site is easy to use,my sim arrived in 3 weeks to Australia,not as fast as the rum runners did...LOL

I purchased the One Sim card and phone at a travel show I attended. I needed a phone to call home in an emergency and to contact cabs/tours if something went wrong. The phone worked fine. I had the amount automatically replensihed so I didn't have to deal with getting on line to do so. People back home home can text you for free via the One Sim Card website. No one had to call me so I am not sure how that would work. There is a toll free number for the U.S.

Thanks everyone for the information. I have two Sim Cards left over from United Mobile (went out of business) and One Sim Card is offering $10 cards in exchange for the United Mobile cards. It does not seem that United Mobile will be back in business any time soon and at least I get something back this way.

• 1 month later...

OK...please don't blast my technology ignorance because I am aware of it already!!

I need to get a phone for our med cruise next month. If I buy the one recommended at telestial in an earlier post in this thread am I able to "call forward" my calls from my regular cell phone? I've never had to have phone service on a vacation before but because of serious issues at my work I need to be able to stay in touch more than the occasional email.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!!

OK...please don't blast my technology ignorance because I am aware of it already!!

I need to get a phone for our med cruise next month. If I buy the one recommended at telestial in an earlier post in this thread am I able to "call forward" my calls from my regular cell phone? I've never had to have phone service on a vacation before but because of serious issues at my work I need to be able to stay in touch more than the occasional email.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!!

Not sure on Telestial,but the onesim card,you can forward your home phone or cell to new sim.

Data charges in Europe are $1 per Mg,so ok to check email...but expensive for Internet use,you would be best to use free Wi-Fi spots like maccas or hotels.

I like the idea of keeping the same sim card for holiday.

There are many travel sims available from various retailers.

Archived