Xel-Ha or Xcaret

k2

Hello,

I have been to both. I guess it depends on whether snorkeling is more your thing or if you want a wider choice of activities. Xel-ha was pleasant, but not really outstanding. I don't remember there being any underground caverns there. The lazy river was okay. They both have the swim with dolphins activity.

On the other hand, I especially enjoyed my day and night at Xcaret. We snorkeled in both man-made and natural underground caverns, which I really liked. My husband wasn't too crazy about it though. For him it felt a bit claustrophobic. Xcaret was beautifully landscaped and there were lots of birds and paths to wander around. We watched a fantastic horseback riding show while having lunch at a ringside restaurant. Very impressive.

Bring a change of clothes and stuff to shower and freshen up with, though. The best part was the evening show in the amphitheatre. It had to be one of the best shows I have ever seen. It had singers with great voices and fabulous dancers. The costumes were so colorful and amazing. The highlight was the demonstration of the Mayan Ball game played with the flaming ball!

It's a long day, but definitely worth it. I have such fond memories of that day and night at Xcaret. Great outing for a couple, children may not last through the evening if they are out in the sun and fresh air all day. In that case, I'd just do the daytime ticket. Xcaret is more Disney-fied than Xcaret, while Xel-ha is more natural. Both are worth doing, but I'd choose Xcaret first. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

I've been to both and I've preferred Xcaret to Xel-Ha. But seems folks with kids seem to prefer Xel-Ha. There was an underground river that you kind of float through, but not really caverns to speak of. For me Xcaret had a variety of things to do with nature, the mayan culture and the likes, which is more to my liking. Xel-Ha was more water-related to me ... which ummm I kinda don't like salt water. :D

If you are looking to snorkle in Caverns, I'd look into Edventures or some sort of trip to hmmm, I think it's Hidden Worlds. We snorkeled at Dos Ojos and I'd put that as one of the coolest things I've done in about 19 years worth of trips to Cancun.

• 9 years later...
What is the plus packet?

http://www.xcaret.com/xcaret-plus.php?gclid=CjwKCAiA7JfSBRBrEiwA1DWSG5YoZBylWWhrN4luQ2oavJmnhmvM5JRbladdKflzxb4mAQVG86ZN2xoCN1AQAvD_BwE

This is 9 year old thread! Are you cruising to Cozumel and looking at going to Xcaret from there?

You will also find more helpful feedback on the Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen forums.