Harbor Lights / Carlyle Bay Beach Break - VERY poor !

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:47 AM.
#1
Dallas Texas
104 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
My wife and I did Celebrity’s “Carlyle Bay Beach Break” on Barbados. It would have to be one of the very worst excursions we have ever done with Celebrity. Celebrity should be ashamed !!

The beach area was extremely crowded. Elbow to elbow with 6 to 7 rows of chairs with about 100 chairs per row. The most crowded beach excursion we have ever witnessed.



Our Celebrity excursion also included lunch. Lunch was disgraceful (see the picture below). Lunch was a couple flour balls with some fish flavoring and a dried out piece of banana bread that the birds had been picking over. Definitely not up to Celebrity’s usual excursion lunch !



Stay away from Harbor Lights / Carlyle Bay Beach Break in Barbados !




Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#2
nj
691 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
How much was this? I hope you showed pictures to celebrity

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend, October 2009 Eastern Caribbean
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, October 2010 Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, November 2011 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor, November 2013 Bahamas
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, November 2014 reposition bayonne to port canaveral
Carnival Sunshine, October 2015 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, April, 2016 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, October, 2016 Bayonne to San Juan
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, April 2017 TransAtl San Juan to Rome
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, November, 2017 TransAtl Barcelona to Tampa
Celebrity Summit, April 2018 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, April 2018 Reposition San Juan to Bayonne
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, November 2018 transatlantic Rome to San Juan (turning emerald)!!
RCCL Vision of the Seas, January 2019 Western Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the seas, October 2019 transatlantic Rome to San Juan (turning diamond!!)
#3
Dallas Texas
104 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by jean87510
How much was this? I hope you showed pictures to celebrity

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app


I think this excursion was $54 per person. A reasonable price.

We have done many shore excursions with Celebrity. They are usually very good to excellent. This one was definitely the one very bad exception. We did let the Michaels Club concierge know about the poor excursion and received a voice message from Jeremy, Head of Shore Excursions. We have not spoken to him yet, but will this afternoon.

My wife reminded me of one quite comical indicator that this was going to be a bad experience ... when we arrived, we were greeted with orange juice ... which turned out to be Tang ! We had a good laugh and reminisced about when we were kids drinking Tang for breakfast, but we should have seen the signs and left Harbor Lights right then.

Also, when we did decide to leave, the woman at the front desk wouldn’t let us leave until she called a “special cab” for us. We were on to them at this point ... I walked right out the front door and onto the street and flagged down a cab in just a few seconds. The woman at the front desk told my wife to “Get him back in here. You have to take our cab. They going to charge him more.” It was another part of their scam ... the cabbie I flagged down was $10 for the ride back to the port. We found out later from other guests that the “Harbor Lights cab” was $10 per person and loaded everyone together in a van.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#4
Northern VA & DC
17,797 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
For your next trip it is easy to do beach clubs on Carlyle Bay on your own - no reason to book through the ship. As mentioned a taxi is about $5 per person each way, or you can walk it in about 15-20 min. Boatyard, Pirates Cove, etc. are regularly discussed on this board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golf! A game invented by people who think good music comes from bagpipes.
#5
Dallas Texas
104 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by JohninDC
For your next trip it is easy to do beach clubs on Carlyle Bay on your own - no reason to book through the ship. As mentioned a taxi is about $5 per person each way, or you can walk it in about 15-20 min. Boatyard, Pirates Cove, etc. are regularly discussed on this board.


Yep !
I think we have learned our lesson.
Next time we will do our research and book it ourselves.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#6
nj
691 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by dcyonce
I think this excursion was $54 per person. A reasonable price.

We have done many shore excursions with Celebrity. They are usually very good to excellent. This one was definitely the one very bad exception. We did let the Michaels Club concierge know about the poor excursion and received a voice message from Jeremy, Head of Shore Excursions. We have not spoken to him yet, but will this afternoon.

My wife reminded me of one quite comical indicator that this was going to be a bad experience ... when we arrived, we were greeted with orange juice ... which turned out to be Tang ! We had a good laugh and reminisced about when we were kids drinking Tang for breakfast, but we should have seen the signs and left Harbor Lights right then.

Also, when we did decide to leave, the woman at the front desk wouldn’t let us leave until she called a “special cab” for us. We were on to them at this point ... I walked right out the front door and onto the street and flagged down a cab in just a few seconds. The woman at the front desk told my wife to “Get him back in here. You have to take our cab. They going to charge him more.” It was another part of their scam ... the cabbie I flagged down was $10 for the ride back to the port. We found out later from other guests that the “Harbor Lights cab” was $10 per person and loaded everyone together in a van.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Omg. I'm doing day pass at Hilton which includes lunch and one drink for $55 or nothing for $40 a person which we are doing as we will bring our own drinks/Water bottles and get lunch from cuz fish shack. I'll report on my day when we get back in April. Good from 9a to 6p. Pool plus beach and non motorized water sports. We've done boatyard and I liked it but wanted to try something with pool and beach.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend, October 2009 Eastern Caribbean
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, October 2010 Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, November 2011 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor, November 2013 Bahamas
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, November 2014 reposition bayonne to port canaveral
Carnival Sunshine, October 2015 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, April, 2016 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, October, 2016 Bayonne to San Juan
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, April 2017 TransAtl San Juan to Rome
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, November, 2017 TransAtl Barcelona to Tampa
Celebrity Summit, April 2018 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, April 2018 Reposition San Juan to Bayonne
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, November 2018 transatlantic Rome to San Juan (turning emerald)!!
RCCL Vision of the Seas, January 2019 Western Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the seas, October 2019 transatlantic Rome to San Juan (turning diamond!!)
#7
Dallas Texas
104 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by jean87510
Omg. I'm doing day pass at Hilton which includes lunch and one drink for $55 or nothing for $40 a person which we are doing as we will bring our own drinks/Water bottles and get lunch from cuz fish shack. I'll report on my day when we get back in April. Good from 9a to 6p. Pool plus beach and non motorized water sports. We've done boatyard and I liked it but wanted to try something with pool and beach.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app


Please let us know how you liked the Hilton.

We have done various day passes on the islands before, but haven’t had a chance to visit the Hilton on Barbados.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums