Review of The Odyssey January 6th. Sailing

Nashna

Anyone that's experienced a Seabourn staff change mid cruise knows how disruptive it can be to service. I had that happen on Quest a few years ago.

I hope I don't experience that in Capetown or Singapore.

We’ll be with you until Singapore. Unfortunately almost every crew member we’ve spoken to leaves in either Cape Town or Singapore - so lots of change is coming.

We are currently booked on a Viking Ocean 2019 Baltic cruise. Prior to actually sailing on Seabourn, we considered switching to SB if the cruise met our expectations. We are going to keep our Viking reservation and will be reporting back to CC on our experiences.

The Colonnade - service was very poor at times with orders missed or not delivered, 30 + minute wait for eggs at breakfast, raw boiled eggs delivered (happened twice on same day as the repeat order was also delivered raw - I gave up and had scrambled eggs from the hot box), sauces delivered with the wrong meal course, toast repeatedly not cooked as requested.

We had similar issues with orders... we gave up ordering from the menu or making requests in the Colonnade and just stuck with the buffet. Our biggest annoyance was that it typically took 5-10 minutes after sitting down to ever get anyone to come by to take a drink order - or they would take a drink order and then disappear for several minutes before delivering (this on simple things like water, coffee, the wine of the day).

Patio Grill - An enigma. Served very good casual food options in a nice setting but the service was abmismal at times. Drink orders not delivered, long wait for wine with evening meal and then no refill, empty water glasses not refilled - to top it off, on one night I finally flagged down the Head Barman who refilled my water glass, turned on his heel and walked away leaving my wife’s water glass empty - this on a table for two - go figure.

We had similar issues with Patio Grill service. We never tried to dine there in the evenings but during the day we had spotty drink service and often food was not in sync with everything else. Often we got our food before our drinks... and a couple of times they didn't deliver the pre-meal chips ("nachos") until we had finished our meal. Refills were not "offered"... and one of us would ask and they'd rush off without asking the other.