Amsterdam for 2 adults, 2 older teens - 2 Verandah or 1 Neptune Suite

SydKy

My husband and I plan on taking our daughter 17 and her friend, 19 on the Amsterdam on an Alaskan Inside. The Neptune Suite for 4 people is nominally cheaper than 2 standard verandah rooms. Not enough $ to make a difference in planning.

Which would you select for practicality, benefits, and comfort for all.

I would do a veranda and an inside for the teens. Not sure how much use a veranda would be for teens on an Alaska cruise, so weather dependent. But two rooms in any case just for the two bathrooms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely adjoining cabins, since your teen is underage. If I'm not mistaken, there is a policy, across cruise lines, that at least one person in the cabin must be over 18 or 21. Someone can correct me if this information is incorrect. Or check with HA. If it's 18, there's no problem.

I would not want my child (even one accompanied by a 19-year-old) across the hall or on another deck where I cannot be assured of his/her safety in the wee hours, which is why I'm suggesting the adjoining cabins. This option gives you and your husband some privacy and allows your teen to feel more independent.

Two things to consider:

The Neptune Suite has a sofa bed so your daughter and friend will be sharing a bed

That shared sofa bed is very close to the bed you and your husband will be sleeping in.

As a mum with a 17 year old daughter who has travelled with one of her friends on holiday, our rule for the comfort of all was that our bedroom had to be separated from where the girls were sleeping. If for nothing else, getting dressed/changed dad and friend deserve privacy.

Her parents should be asked the same question.

Definitely two verandah cabins (and two bathrooms) for the privacy and comfort of all concerned. If desired, you could also book the two cabins with a connecting interior door. For shared time on your balconies, you could ask your cabin steward to unlock the balcony divider.