Transfer Vouchers Dublin Airport to Eclipse

swabber

Hi everyone, swabber checking-in with my first post and hoping someone can help with my query.

I am booked on Eclipse out of Dublin soon and booked flights and transfers through Celebrity during the on-line booking process.

I have received the e-docs and in there were Transfer Vouchers to and from airport and ship. So far, so good.

At the bottom of each voucher it says...

''Please note: Guests with transfers, Additional transfer information will be sent separately approximately 30 days prior to travel. Please bring all documentation relating to your transfer with you when travelling.''

In the event, I did not receive any additional info and my attempts to get it or even confirm it exists have been fruitless.

Has anyone else booked these transfers with Celebrity, and if so, have you received any such additional information? Is it of any importance and would you be able to share it with me?

Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

swabber

It might be helpful if you shared your sailing date. Also have you checked with others on your Roll Call who may have also booked flights & transfers through Celebrity.

Just noticed this is your 1st post so obviously you are not on your Roll Call. Look ear the top of this page in the blue banner for Find Your Roll Call click on that the select cruise line, ship, sail date and you should find others sailing on the same cruise as you.

Hi everyone, swabber checking-in with my first post and hoping someone can help with my query.

I am booked on Eclipse out of Dublin soon and booked flights and transfers through Celebrity during the on-line booking process.

I have received the e-docs and in there were Transfer Vouchers to and from airport and ship. So far, so good.

At the bottom of each voucher it says...

''Please note: Guests with transfers, Additional transfer information will be sent separately approximately 30 days prior to travel. Please bring all documentation relating to your transfer with you when travelling.''

In the event, I did not receive any additional info and my attempts to get it or even confirm it exists have been fruitless.

Has anyone else booked these transfers with Celebrity, and if so, have you received any such additional information? Is it of any importance and would you be able to share it with me?

Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

swabber

Welcome to Cruise Critic:

I too am going on Eclipse out of Dublin end of next month (sail date May 28th). We've opted to use a taxi from DUB (and the return trip also) to cruise terminal...Ship transfers are usually very over priced and the time spent doing them is absolutely unnecessary...but of course it's your choice.

It might be helpful if you shared your sailing date. Also have you checked with others on your Roll Call who may have also booked flights & transfers through Celebrity.

Just noticed this is your 1st post so obviously you are not on your Roll Call. Look ear the top of this page in the blue banner for Find Your Roll Call click on that the select cruise line, ship, sail date and you should find others sailing on the same cruise as you.

Thank you for the speedy reply and advice. I thought better of narrowing the question to a specific date as there are several cruises out of Dublin in the coming weeks and I would think the transfer info would be the same for all of them.

I had a quick look through the roll call but couldn't find anything pertinent there.

Welcome to Cruise Critic:

I too am going on Eclipse out of Dublin end of next month (sail date May 28th). We've opted to use a taxi from DUB (and the return trip also) to cruise terminal...Ship transfers are usually very over priced and the time spent doing them is absolutely unnecessary...but of course it's your choice.

Thank you for the quick response and the welcome aboard.

It just seemed the thing to do at the time of booking so as to get the flights, transfers and cruise all done and dusted under one umbrella. Considering the relatively small difference in the overall expense of the whole fly-cruise I though I'd leave it to Celebrity to get me to the ship on time.

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

Thank you for the quick response and the welcome aboard.

It just seemed the thing to do at the time of booking so as to get the flights, transfers and cruise all done and dusted under one umbrella. Considering the relatively small difference in the overall expense of the whole fly-cruise I though I'd leave it to Celebrity to get me to the ship on time.

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

You're so very welcome. Just offering a bit of advice. Enjoy however things work out best for you. Have a wonderful cruise..safe, happy & healthy.

I'm sure there will be Celebrity representatives in the airport who will get you the desired transport. Worst case scenario would be taxi which would cost maybe €30.

I too am sure it will be fine. It's just that if there's more info to be had then I'd like to be in possession of it. Celebrity deliver a decent booking experience and a good cruise experience but the bit in-between booking and sailing sometimes falls short of reasonable expectations.

Well, after two phone calls and two emails I finally got an acknowledgement from Celebrity that my transfer vouchers do actually say that additional transfer information will follow. I already knew that, of course.

In case anyone looking-in is waiting for this 'additional information' it apparently pertains only to private transfers booked through Celebrity and not to seats in Celebrity's coach. Additional vouchers are needed for taxis and limos. I didn't get the choice of taxis and limos when I booked as only coach transfers were available.

I'm told the issue has been raised in order to make this clear on the vouchers that come with the e-docs.

Happy days.

Just a caution...On different message board that deals with flying (I never know if you can say other sites or not) there is current discussion about, at least on Delta, you have to be at airport 4 hours before flight.

Keep that in mind.

Well, after two phone calls and two emails I finally got an acknowledgement from Celebrity that my transfer vouchers do actually say that additional transfer information will follow. I already knew that, of course.

In case anyone looking-in is waiting for this 'additional information' it apparently pertains only to private transfers booked through Celebrity and not to seats in Celebrity's coach. Additional vouchers are needed for taxis and limos. I didn't get the choice of taxis and limos when I booked as only coach transfers were available.

I'm told the issue has been raised in order to make this clear on the vouchers that come with the e-docs.

Happy days.

Just be aware that most of your replies are from US pax and they have a totally different system to those booking cruises with flights from the U.K. ;).

Just a caution...On different message board that deals with flying (I never know if you can say other sites or not) there is current discussion about, at least on Delta, you have to be at airport 4 hours before flight.

Keep that in mind.

Thanks for that. There's no such issue in the UK......... yet. I do tend to build in plenty of time when heading to the airport in any case.

Just be aware that most of your replies are from US pax and they have a totally different system to those booking cruises with flights from the U.K. ;).

Indeed. It can be a bit confusing when people contribute from many different countries. I try to fit in UK somewhere if necessary when I post.