Carnival Glory Fire

Sure hope they get this fixed by the time we leave Saturday. I can't sleep when it's hot. I'm not the type of person who looks to get something free when there's an issue, but frankly, we didn't pay good money to stay in a sweat box. As I said before, I've heard plenty of complaints that Glory's cabins have been warm lately, but without A/C at all, it'll be miserable. I'll have a fan, but they don't do much good when pushing warm air around.

For what it's worth, cabins 1111 (forward, starboard, deck 11) and 2473 (aft, starboard, deck 2) were both freezing cold two weeks ago.

My SIL is on this cruise, and they don't have AC since the fire (perhaps coincidence), supposedly other cabins don't have AC either.

Did your SIL say anything else about the condition of the ship?

We board Glory Saturday. Got an email last night that, in addition to a bunch of generalized info (like completing online check-in, etc.), it says to add an hour to our Arrival Appointment due the them expecting the prior disembarkation process to run later than usual. Wondering if this is because of the problems. Maybe they want some extra time for repairs. We have a shuttle scheduled that I've already changed once, so I'm just going to leave it and we'll wait if necessary.

I've seen a lot of people say they get the "arrive one hour later" email, but I was surprised to see it included in such a generic email that talks mostly about general embarkation information and looks like it would go out to everyone.

• 1 month later...
I hope not either, as i am sailing the Glory September 22nd.... can you tell me, when this fire occured?

Cathy:eek:

If you look at the date of the original post it was 6/3. I have heard of no other issues and as far as I know the ship is sailing as usual. Your cruise is a very long time away and certainly any problems would be resolved by then. Of course there’s always the possibility something else could happen between now and then lol.

The third thing you can always rely on. Death, taxes, and Havingfun2010 bashing Carnival. It’s good to know there isn’t a disturbance in the Force and that the Universe remains constant.

You forgot riclop's "She's an old clunker!" :D

I was on the sailing after the fire, no problems what so ever, boarded at my scheduled time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But, but, how could that be.... I was sure based on the early reports that the ship was to be scuttled. You must be mistaken....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But, but, how could that be.... I was sure based on the early reports that the ship was to be scuttled. You must be mistaken....

Lol I will tell you I was panicking when I read the news on here, I was certain it was going to impact our sailing! I kept waiting for a text from Carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I browse most sub forums on cruise critic, at least the mainstream ones. Why does it seem like fires, powerloss ave propulsion issues seem to happen to Carnival more often? Because it’s reported more here or because it does happen to them more often?

Seems like there could/should be a "ratio" of some sort--incidents per cruise day (divide the # of incidents by the number of ships times the cruise days).

Seems like there could/should be a "ratio" of some sort--incidents per cruise day (divide the # of incidents by the number of ships times the cruise days).

You don't need stats, we have Captain Carnival. He will tell you Carnival has zero incidents. When there was a small fire (from the OP) original post you can't say anything negative about it, or dare I say Captain Carnival will be here to defend every mistake, bad customer service, ect.... and make sure you know it was never Carnivals fault. :D

You don't need stats, we have Captain Carnival. He will tell you Carnival has zero incidents. When there was a small fire (from the OP) original post you can't say anything negative about it, or dare I say Captain Carnival will be here to defend every mistake, bad customer service, ect.... and make sure you know it was never Carnivals fault. :D

I don't recall Brian ever defending Carnival, but he does give a lot of good facts considering he works at the Port of Tampa.

....and the bashers will say it is 100% Carnival. As my friend notes, he brings a lot to the table here in terms of information.....

The third thing you can always rely on. Death, taxes, and Havingfun2010 bashing Carnival. It’s good to know there isn’t a disturbance in the Force and that the Universe remains constant.

We just need that one guy to come and make his comment to be complete

My life would be boring, if Carnival didn't keep having mechanical issues and fires, and the best food being a fast food hamburger......but no need to bash, Carnival caught on fire, which speaks for itself.:')

My life would be boring, if Carnival didn't keep having mechanical issues and fires, and the best food being a fast food hamburger......but no need to bash, Carnival caught on fire, which speaks for itself.:')

Just curious. Do you do the same things on the other cruise line boards like when the Captain sails into a hurricane, runs into a pier, or perhaps when ships have outbreaks of Norovirus?

Captain Carnival now that's a good one! I can think of a few people that applies to. Pass the kool-aid...nothing is ever Carnivals fault...nothing is ever Carnivals fault.

"Captain Carnival" is a real person. His name is Brian R Fey Sr and he works at the Port of Tampa. Look him up. I think the previous poster may have him confused with other guys who are big fans of Carnival.

Just curious. Do you do the same things on the other cruise line boards like when the Captain sails into a hurricane, runs into a pier, or perhaps when ships have outbreaks of Norovirus?

Well, Human error is one thing and ships breaking down, floating without power, and fires on board are not exactly the same. Norovirus happens on land also, just don't make the news. This is just a good time to point out, what is already known. When you do massive cutting back on the hotel side, just as much or even more is cut back on the behind the scenes. It is beginning to show more often.

Well, Human error is one thing and ships breaking down, floating without power, and fires on board are not exactly the same. Norovirus happens on land also, just don't make the news. This is just a good time to point out, what is already known. When you do massive cutting back on the hotel side, just as much or even more is cut back on the behind the scenes. It is beginning to show more often.

Human error can be worse than mechanical problems in many cases. But I'm sure if they happened on Carnival you would be saying they hire the worst Captains, Operations personnel, the crew can't even clean properly to prevent the spread of Norovirus, etc all due to cutbacks. I'll take that as a "No" on your part as the answer to my question.

When we were on the Glory our shower kept filling with water and we kept calling to get it fixed but no one ever came. It was finally fixed when it overflowed all over the floor and the cabin steward was now inconvenienced. The ship also lost water for the whole morning. No bathrooms could be flushed, no showers and no coffee or drinks were available. The Glory is my least favorite ship and would never sail her again. Don't care how many dry docks she has been through.