Budget Car Rental Port of Miami

JaniceB

Budget, the next door Avis and near by Hertz are very popular with cruisers. You could wait minutes or some reports indicated waits exceeding an hour :mad: because they are overwhelmed with cruisers dropping off and picking up. You might price out the cost of the same rental at the MIA airport - it might be worth the cost of the Uber (under $20)/taxi ($27+tip). National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise will shuttle you for free from POM to their MIA airport location.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

Wondering how long the wait tends to be to pick up a car after a cruise? Since it is is downtown location is there a parking lot with cars or do they bring them to you?

They have the cars on site, the wait sometimes is the line to rent your car. I have never waited an hour before, it depends on how many people are getting cars. My suggestion is if you are with somebody, have one of you go right into the office to start the check in process while the other gathers the luggage.

Another option is take a shuttle to FLL then pick up your rental car. These shuttles are $15.00 per person, if you are dropping the car off at FLL when you are ready to fly home it may be cheaper to pick up and drop off at the same location.

I do not know the wait but wanted to chime in that I am driving from Orlando and returning a car here as well as renting from them to drive back home to Orlando. I hope it’s as good as an experience, as I think the idea is. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...
I do not know the wait but wanted to chime in that I am driving from Orlando and returning a car here as well as renting from them to drive back home to Orlando. I hope it’s as good as an experience, as I think the idea is. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curious how your experience was? We are renting a car from budget in SC and dropping it off at this location before the cruise and then renting another one for the trip home from the Budget port location. Would love to hear from you and also others with experience at this location or if we would be better off renting from the airport location.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)