Post-Cruise Hotel in Miami with 2 bedroom suite

joeyjeremiah

So I am looking at options for 1 night post cruise stay for Miami. We disembark on February 4th but don't fly out until 8:30 am Feb 5th. In my search I've come across HYATT house Miami airport, Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon, and Towneplace Suites Miami Airport. I was leaning towards Townplace suites since it will be a new hotel but open a couple months before we arrive but not knowing much about any of these hotels thought I'd see what opinions were out there. We will most likely be checking into the hotel early (if they allow it) and aren't sure what we are going to do for the day. We are planning on being at the hotel for late afternoon and just hanging out watching football and ordering in some food for dinner so the hotel doesn't need to be close to anything. With an 8:30 am international flight in the morning we are looking to stay closer to the airport to make Monday morning go a bit smoother. So I'm looking for feedback/suggestions.

Any good hotel will offer to store your bags if your room is not ready when you arrive.

Homewood Suites is in the Blue Lagoon area and about a 5-10 min walk from a local strip mall with fast food and sit down dining options. Not familiar with the other options.

After you drop your bags you might ride the hotel shuttle to MIA and then ride the Airport Flyer bus (about $3 each) to South Beach for lunch, people watching, art-deco architecture and the beach.

• 1 month later...
I decided to go with the new towneplace suites but made sure I got a booking that I can cancel so if the reviews are horrible after it's open I can always change hotels.

I booked this hotel for our precruise next week, so I'm happy to come back after the new year and let you know what we thought! We did a Priceline ExpressDeal, and got it for $75 a night!

KC

I booked this hotel for our precruise next week, so I'm happy to come back after the new year and let you know what we thought! We did a Priceline ExpressDeal, and got it for $75 a night!

KC

That’s a great price. I’d appreciate feedback after your cruise. I hope you enjoy your cruise (and your hotel ) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk