Ft. Laud. Boat Parade

zounds

I recently stumbled upon the fact that the Winterfest Boat Parade is Dec.9, the night before we sail ! We should have good viewing as our hotel is close to the 12 mile parade route. Check out their web site. Should be fabulous ! steve

I recently stumbled upon the fact that the Winterfest Boat Parade is Dec.9, the night before we sail ! We should have good viewing as our hotel is close to the 12 mile parade route. Check out their web site. Should be fabulous ! steve

What hotel are you staying at? The viewing is best if you can get up to Las Olas. Once the boats hit the ICW, they tend to spread out a bit.

Always a fun night!

We'll be at the Best Western near Birnham Pt. Thanks for your feedback. steve

I have no idea what this means. Are you talking about the Best Western Oceanside?

Make sure wherever you go, you have tickets to get in and view the parade.

Yes, sorry, it's the BW Oceanside. I've seen that tickets are required for certain viewing areas, but it sounds like you are saying that all viewing areas req. tickets. Is that the case? steve

Yes, sorry, it's the BW Oceanside. I've seen that tickets are required for certain viewing areas, but it sounds like you are saying that all viewing areas req. tickets. Is that the case? steve

I'm not sure about all places but any public venues charge for viewing. Churches use it for fund raisers. Birch State Park is $25 but well worth the price.

Coast Guard Station in the port used to be prime viewing area - pretty much the starting line for the parade. Admission fee was a toy for toys for tots .... they sold beer/wine/burgers and dogs .....

Unfortunately in no longer goes in that direction. It starts on the New River and goes north on the ICW up to Pompano Beach.