Restaurant Recommendation in Miami

andie717

We will be arriving in Miami on Saturday, March 31st for one night pre-cruise staying at Hampton Inn - Brickell. While I thought we'd just wander to the Brickell Village and find somewhere for dinner, now I'm wondering if reservations are a better idea on a Saturday evening before Easter? We will likely be tired from a long day of travel, too.

I'd love to find a great Cuban or seafood restaurant - BUT, must also have "boring" options available due to everyone else I am traveling with. :rolleyes: Great pizza would also work.

Price point would be under $100 for 4 entrees, excluding drinks. Bonus if there is outdoor seating, as we are coming from WI. Would be great if we could walk (we don't mind walking a lot...last spring break was in New York!), but using Uber is fine too.

Any suggestions to my vague request?

The under $100 may be tough but American Social, Batch Gastropub, and Havana 1957 are three that come to mind. Keep in mind many places in Miami will add an automatic gratuity, anywhere from 18%-22% so go over your check with a fine tooth comb.

Yes, make reservations. That is peak season for South Florida.

Andie, we r planning to go to Havana 1957 in Jan before out cruise, I will try to find this thread and post a review after.

My family eats at Havana 1957 all the time and we've eaten at all five of them, Espanola Way, Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive, Brickell, and Pembroke Pines.

It's good, it is consistent, and it is authentic Cuban. Their mojitos are classic and very good. Start with the combination platter and you can't go wrong with their signature chicken.

Love the look of Havana 1957! (And as for the cost, I guess I just meant most entrees less than $25...casual places.)

Thanks!

Burger and Beer Joint is nearby with bar fare and outdoor tables. Sports bar casual. Haven't been for a few years.

Also came here to recommend Havana 1957. Its a good Cuban place. I have never been to the Brickell location, but the ones I have been to are just as good if not better than the other Cuban chains around town.

Another option is to take an Uber to Lincoln road and eat at the location if you want to check out Miami Beach at all. Brickell you'll be able to walk anywhere and everywhere. For drinks you could hop on the Metromover and head to Bayside or just go to one of the many bars in the area. Another nice spot to check out is Brickell City Centre though the restaurants there are a bit more on the pricey side.

If you need something a bit more "American" if Cuban food is too exciting for the people you are with (its not Cuban food has something for everyone) there is Burger and Beer Joint in the Mary Brickell plaza too. The dinning options are endless, but I agree that a reservation won't hurt.

Cuban food is in the running for least exciting food on the planet. I'd hate to think anyone would be intimidated by a Cuban restaurant because it may be too exciting. Some good options, many bland options, worth trying, but certainly not adventurous.

We will be arriving in Miami on Saturday, March 31st for one night pre-cruise staying at Hampton Inn - Brickell. While I thought we'd just wander to the Brickell Village and find somewhere for dinner, now I'm wondering if reservations are a better idea on a Saturday evening before Easter? We will likely be tired from a long day of travel, too.

I'd love to find a great Cuban or seafood restaurant - BUT, must also have "boring" options available due to everyone else I am traveling with. :rolleyes: Great pizza would also work.

Price point would be under $100 for 4 entrees, excluding drinks. Bonus if there is outdoor seating, as we are coming from WI. Would be great if we could walk (we don't mind walking a lot...last spring break was in New York!), but using Uber is fine too.

Any suggestions to my vague request?

All that I will mention will be within a short walk of your hotel.

One portion of the Italian Food Hall is about to open at Brickell Citi Centre and the 38,000 sq foot one may be open by March, so definitely check back on that. They should be in the price range, but the others there now won't be or the portions are very small.

Havana 1957 in Brickell is easy for you as others have posted and is a very short walk from your hotel.

Right at the base of your hotel is Batch Gastropub.

There is also an amazing pizza place called Mister01 close to Mary Brickell Village and that has outside seating. No reservations and will have a wait at night on the weekends as it's really good. Read the reviews, it's really good and an offshoot of the one on the beach.

You also have Fado's, though a chain the food is really pretty good and they have outside seating. As long as you aren't eating late, you won't need reservations here.

Burger and Beer Joint can be hit or miss with the service but they do have good burgers.

Vapiano on Brickell Ave is Italian and the pasta is made fresh every day. Very casual but the food is really very good. Definitely in your price range.

Depending on what time you are going for dinner, there may also be some great happy hour options.

Cuban food is in the running for least exciting food on the planet. I'd hate to think anyone would be intimidated by a Cuban restaurant because it may be too exciting. Some good options, many bland options, worth trying, but certainly not adventurous.

I think there are several million people who would disagree with your sentiment.

Ever had Amish food? I don't think they've yet to discover salt.

I think there are several million people who would disagree with your sentiment.

Ever had Amish food? I don't think they've yet to discover salt.

I like Cuban food, just pointing out that it's not exciting in any manner. It's poor food. White rice, beans, variety of cooked meats and croquettes. I would venture to say that Chipotle is probably more adventurous than a Cuban restaurant. Is Cuban food "literally" the blandest in the world, maybe not.

I like Cuban food, just pointing out that it's not exciting in any manner. It's poor food. White rice, beans, variety of cooked meats and croquettes. I would venture to say that Chipotle is probably more adventurous than a Cuban restaurant. Is Cuban food "literally" the blandest in the world, maybe not.

I would not call Cuban food boring or even bland, but I really love Cuban food. What you are 100% correct about is that its certainly not spicy and for the most part most traditional Cuban food is common meats, rice, vegetables etc.. So its not like you're going to sit down and have some raw fish found only in the southeast coast of India or some explosive peppers or something.

There should be something for anyone.

All that I will mention will be within a short walk of your hotel.

One portion of the Italian Food Hall is about to open at Brickell Citi Centre and the 38,000 sq foot one may be open by March, so definitely check back on that. They should be in the price range, but the others there now won't be or the portions are very small.

Havana 1957 in Brickell is easy for you as others have posted and is a very short walk from your hotel.

Right at the base of your hotel is Batch Gastropub.

There is also an amazing pizza place called Mister01 close to Mary Brickell Village and that has outside seating. No reservations and will have a wait at night on the weekends as it's really good. Read the reviews, it's really good and an offshoot of the one on the beach.

You also have Fado's, though a chain the food is really pretty good and they have outside seating. As long as you aren't eating late, you won't need reservations here.

Burger and Beer Joint can be hit or miss with the service but they do have good burgers.

Vapiano on Brickell Ave is Italian and the pasta is made fresh every day. Very casual but the food is really very good. Definitely in your price range.

Depending on what time you are going for dinner, there may also be some great happy hour options.

Wow! Thanks! The pizza place looks amazing. Now have to decide between pizza and Cuban. :)

• 2 weeks later...