Oh Belize, You broke my Grandson's Heart!

whitecap

Just returned from Caribbean Princess and a port stop in Belize. After tendering into the port, we began our usual shopping by walking down the boardwalk. We walked all the way to the end, having turned right when getting off the tender, and stopped at the very last store. There were a lot of souvenirs, trinkets etc. but what caught our eye was Pokemon Cards. Our Grandson is very much into Pokemon, goes to tournaments, clubs etc. We know nothing of Pokemon and solicited advice from several kids who all said that the price per pack was good. We bought our Grandson several packs and gave them to him.

Sorry to say that our Grandson immediately recognized that the cards were fakes! Dang people of Belize, you have disappointed me after all the good things that I said about you guys. I just might have to take some Monopoly money with me to Belize when we go back in January :D

I got fooled by the basteball cards. They had all type of roasts, turkeys and chickens on them. (Delicious looking) But not quite what I was looking to purchase.

;p

I'll trade you my Duck a la Orange for your Beef Wellington.

Just returned from Caribbean Princess and a port stop in Belize. After tendering into the port, we began our usual shopping by walking down the boardwalk. We walked all the way to the end, having turned right when getting off the tender, and stopped at the very last store. There were a lot of souvenirs, trinkets etc. but what caught our eye was Pokemon Cards. Our Grandson is very much into Pokemon, goes to tournaments, clubs etc. We know nothing of Pokemon and solicited advice from several kids who all said that the price per pack was good. We bought our Grandson several packs and gave them to him.

Sorry to say that our Grandson immediately recognized that the cards were fakes! Dang people of Belize, you have disappointed me after all the good things that I said about you guys. I just might have to take some Monopoly money with me to Belize when we go back in January :D

Request a charge back on your credit card

Post a negative review of the store on Trip Advisor warning others

Howard

Request a charge back on your credit card

Post a negative review of the store on Trip Advisor warning others

Howard

Thanks Howard. Paid cash and can't find my receipt with the store name on it.

I would be suspicious of most any product in most cruise ports. If it’s something you like or want, fine, just don’t expect authentic, certified merchandise in most stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if you want to buy the littles pressies.....try buying things they can't get at home, that is indicative of the country your visiting, then you have an opportunity to teach a little geography or history when you get home. Let the parents subsidize the pokemon addiction.

just my thoughts.

Glad this was moved from the Princess board to this more appropriate location.

It is possible the fakes were from elsewhere. Many fakes come from certain Asian countries.

Most things are imported into belize and although the do have intellectual property law on the books, they are not always able to enforce them.

about the only thing manufactured in Belize are

• Sugar.
  • Bananas.
  • Citrus.
  • Clothing.
  • Fish products.
  • Molasses.
  • Wood.

Glad this was moved from the Princess board to this more appropriate location.

It is possible the fakes were from elsewhere. Many fakes come from certain Asian countries.

if you want to see fakes from China go to the massive flea markets in and around Miami.

Fakes are common in third world countries the world over. I'm surprised this needed to be posted