I thought I chose a great cabin location.....now not so sure.

bidtrips

Alaska, May 27 2017... Northbound ... Coral .... We chose E 737 and felt so sure that this was a great location that we asked for no upgrade. We are on this aft deck all alone, while many other locations nearly full. I am starting to wonder.....did we choose poorly.

Another thing I wonder about, could this section be sold to a "group" and we be asked to move?

Sis & son had e736 on the other side for our Panama cruise.

Pluses: fantastic view! Balcony was larger than a standard, but not as large as the other ones in that aft area.

Minuses: It was very loud with engine noise when outside on the balcony. Ds said that ONE night only, there was some noise coming from the lounge below. Not enough to bother him though. The wrap around can allow folks to peer around, but generally speaking, no one on the aft area to do so anyway.

For what it is worth, we decided for the Panama, that 736 balcony couldn't be beat. However, for most cruises we would prefer the balcony we chose, e631. Large, quiet, right by the elevators making for shorter walks for dh. It came with a nice table, two chairs and footstools. We had breakfast on it many of the mornings, sending dh down to the international cafe while I was in the shower. Sweet way to start the day!

I would choose that balcony again in a heartbeat!

Alaska, May 27 2017... Northbound ... Coral .... We chose E 737 and felt so sure that this was a great location that we asked for no upgrade. We are on this aft deck all alone, while many other locations nearly full. I am starting to wonder.....did we choose poorly.

Another thing I wonder about, could this section be sold to a "group" and we be asked to move?

You do know that E737 is right above the Universe Lounge, right? That means music & noise coming from below..tip: ALWAYS book a cabin with cabins above & cabins below- NEVER with a public area below , nor above..cabin will have great views, but as a light sleeper, that would drive me nuts....

Big Al

You do know that E737 is right above the Universe Lounge, right? That means music & noise coming from below..tip: ALWAYS book a cabin with cabins above & cabins below- NEVER with a public area below , nor above..cabin will have great views, but as a light sleeper, that would drive me nuts....

Big Al

Have you sailed in that cabin?

We have, and in laws in 736 on the port side.

Never heard a thing. :confused:

Have you sailed in that cabin?

We have, and in laws in 736 on the port side.

Never heard a thing. :confused:

I have never sailed in that cabin, but look at the deck plans- this cabin is right over a huge lounge..you must not be a light sleeper like my wife, who sleeps thru anything...I always book cabins with cabins both & below- if you don't mind any noise, that's ok...

I'm with "big al"

There are websites that rate rooms, just google your room and "Coral Princess" We also make sure that we are not above or below a large whited out area which may indicate the presence of a galley.

After completing 39 cruises we are very savvy at selecting a cabin.

Judith

Thanks for the input, I did do quite a bit of research, my biggest concerns were /vibration and engine noise. Not really worried about noise from club .

We liked the cabin for the aft view in Alaska.

Colo Cruiser..... When did you sail in this cabin? Did you notice excessive vibrations or engine noise?

thanks

We had a cabin that was over the grand atrium on the Golden (we had an OV on the Emerald deck and was over a piano lounge on the Plaza deck). Probably not the same as being over the Princess theater (we have turned down cabins over that venue). But even though we could hear some muffled singing in the evening after we returned to our cabin, it didn't bother us at all. and the singing was done by 11 or 11:30pm. I'm a light sleeper and thought our cabin worked great for us...not even being by the elevator made it noisy.

Whenever I'm talking with the booking agent, I have the deck plans up on my computer to double check a cabin...and we avoid being over or under certain venues. We select a cabin and mark it "no upgrade" and so far so good. Earlier on in our cruising history, we have been upgraded a few times, and the first one was a horrible one...right under the dining room, so we heard vacuuming late at night.

as for the OP, you're talking about a cruise that's about six months away. Many of the cabins may be reserved by a TA or may be part of a group booking, but I certainly wouldn't stress out at this date. If you like your location, just keep checking (if you booked through a TA, have them check too) to make sure you didn't get moved.

I would normally love any aft cabins but when sailing on the Coral and the Island (before they added the extra aft cabins), I had avoided these end cabins because they butt up right against a public deck and a door to get out to that deck. So, your cabin door will be right next to the door of those going out to the aft viewing deck and also people can see right onto your balcony from that public deck as well. I don't know if this is still the case but if nothing has changed since I last looked, this deterred me from booking one of these end cabins.

I am also inclined to only book a cabin with other cabins above and below mine.

So not sure if these are still available but within the same category (and price), we ended up booking C315 and C317 .... excellent choices, by the way. We had nice big balconies, not too close to the forward stairs, no noise and a very convenient deck. Same would go for those on the port side.

Thanks for the input, I did do quite a bit of research, my biggest concerns were /vibration and engine noise. Not really worried about noise from club .

We liked the cabin for the aft view in Alaska.

Colo Cruiser..... When did you sail in this cabin? Did you notice excessive vibrations or engine noise?

thanks

We sailed in Oct 15, in laws in April this year.

We never noticed any noise. They never mentioned any issues either. We were right next to the aft viewing area door and never heard that either.

Its very convenient for viewing both on the balcony and the aft viewing area as well.

During our Canal cruise from those aft cabins you can touch the walls of the canal which is pretty cool.

We have sailed the Coral many times. Our favorite ship.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Not sure what you mean "on this aft deck all alone"? Your deck is private, but the back deck is a public area and, at least when we were there, had no chairs, etc. Your balcony partition abuts the public area. We were in an inside (E729) and could occasionally hear music (especially bass) from the lounge below. Balconies may not be as bad since they partially overhang the promenade deck.

Not sure what you mean "on this aft deck all alone"? Your deck is private, but the back deck is a public area and, at least when we were there, had no chairs, etc. Your balcony partition abuts the public area. We were in an inside (E729) and could occasionally hear music (especially bass) from the lounge below. Balconies may not be as bad since they partially overhang the promenade deck.

I think they mean that most of the cabins are still available in that area.

When I said " all alone" I did mean that not a single other cabin has been reserved in the entire aft section.

Thank you all for your information, I have seen many posts about these cabins but so many were from several years ago.

I feel very confident with current info, that yes ...we made a great choice.

Thanks everyone