Ocean Medallion ?

monakayk

What do you not understand about ***** starting in November? No one will know anything until then!

You've been on these boards enough to know it starts in November, on the Regal.

Gee, I would have thought you have been on these boards long enough to know

not to open threads that don't interest you.

There have been quite a few threads about medallions, even though no one know very much.

Even this thread got up to 20 replies.

People (other than) you are interested in what's new.

Just a thought.....

One would 'think"....

just as now you can put the little card in the key card slot:

"Do Not Disturb"....

Either there will still be a little card...or technologically a way to indicate "Do Not Disturb".

The response to friends is easy for why you don't answer the door if they were then rude enough to knock or ask...

You were "napping"...... ;p

Something to consider. On B2B cruises the passengers must all disembark at turnaround. There is almost always one or two who think this doesn't apply to them. All passengers are stuck waiting while these folks are laboriously tracked down by staff. It can mean a delay of an hour. With the Medallion staff can quickly and easily locate these folks thereby eliminating the unreasonable wait that all the rest of the passengers previously had to endure. I think it's great.

My luck I will be on a B2B and the person that they are looking for will be the only passenger on the ship that refused the Medallion and is using the old cruise card.

OK I just knew someone would ask me this question :rolleyes: ....well it might be because DH & I just want "privacy" . Please don't suggest to us not to answer the door ..we wouldn't ....we would not want to explain why we didn't answer the door if friends casually asked..since they knew we were there. Very embarrassing.

???.....So if anyone knows for sure if this device can be turned off & on during the cruise ...it would be very much appreciated to have the answer.

Thanks in advance .

Hello and Happy Sunday. I did not mean to scare you or creep you out with this technology. Suggest you go to youtube and watch the CEO of Carnival at Jan 2017 CES in Las Vegas. It is about an hour video and explains everything you want to know about the Medallion program; how it works, what it can and can't do. Have you been to Disney World this year; if so, they use this technology there.

Having a DO NO DISTURB sign would be a great solution ... CCL has them which is very nice.

Also, I accidentally came across the video in Las Vegas yesterday ...very informative.

I hope this device will also help the staff find muster drill hide outs/late comers!

Originally posted by Working 2 Cruise What do you not understand about ***** starting in November? No one will know anything until then!

You've been on these boards enough to know it starts in November, on the Regal.

Gee, I would have thought you have been on these boards long enough to know

not to open threads that don't interest you.

There have been quite a few threads about medallions, even though no one know very much.

Even this thread got up to 20 replies.

People (other than) you are interested in what's new.

pablo222....Thank you for your reply to the Originally posted by Working 2 Cruise.Your post made me feel less stupid for asking the question originally before I found an answer.

Having a DO NO DISTURB sign would be a great solution ... CCL has them which is very nice.

Also, I accidentally came across the video in Las Vegas yesterday ...very informative.

I hope this device will also help the staff find muster drill hide outs/late comers!

It might providing they don't use an RFID wallet to hide their Medallion. ;)

It might providing they don't use an RFID wallet to hide their Medallion. ;)

I find it utterly mind boggling that people are so concerned and want to "hide" from the Medallion. These are the same people who live on Facebook and have smart phones. It defies all reason. Hopefully they will all be so paranoid that they will refuse to sail on Medallion ships. I think that would be great.

I find it utterly mind boggling that people are so concerned and want to "hide" from the Medallion. These are the same people who live on Facebook and have smart phones. It defies all reason. Hopefully they will all be so paranoid that they will refuse to sail on Medallion ships. I think that would be great.

Well, I don't have a smart phone, don't live on Facebook, although I did purchase the stock at

$19.00 a share. I think it's about $170.00 today.

I won't be paranoid or refuse to sail on a Medallion ship. In fact, I've got a 21 day booked on the Regal sailing December 17.

Maybe if we meet on the Hawaii, South Pacific cruise next month, which I know we will because we're both aft Caribe, you can tell me just how great

you think it would be if I didn't sail on a Medallion cruise.

Pam

Edited by EightFurryPaws

So basically that would mean not sailing on any Princess ship after the conversion is complete in the near future.

Thanks for this info . I assumed it had already been used on a ship already.

The first sailing with the Medallion activated is not until this coming November on the Regal. So at this point all anybody knows is what has been put out in various videos, etc. and it's all still subject to change.

Tom

Well, I don't have a smart phone, don't live on Facebook, although I did purchase the stock at

$19.00 a share. I think it's about $170.00 today.

You're quite a bit off if you're referring to Carnival stock. It's trading in the $67 range today. But it did close at $69.13 Friday! :D And 2 years ago it was only in the $48 area when I bought. Wish I'd bought back when you did! ;p

Tom

So basically that would mean not sailing on any Princess ship after the conversion is complete in the near future.

Works for me. If they are that afraid of the Medallion technology then they would be better off sailing another line. Of course Carnival Corp. has said they eventually want to roll the tech out to all of their lines. Not my problem. I'm not afraid of the new tech.

Works for me. If they are that afraid of the Medallion technology then they would be better off sailing another line. Of course Carnival Corp. has said they eventually want to roll the tech out to all of their lines. Not my problem. I'm not afraid of the new tech.

Ditto what you said. Not afraid of technology. Get Ready cause her it comes.

You're quite a bit off if you're referring to Carnival stock. It's trading in the $67 range today. But it did close at $69.13 Friday! :D And 2 years ago it was only in the $48 area when I bought. Wish I'd bought back when you did! ;p

Tom

I think they are referring to Facebook stock

I am with you on this. I just don't understand the paranoia.

Plus I've read both RCL and NCL are working on similar tech. I'd bet that within 10 years every ship at sea will have some variation.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Tom

I think they were referring to Facebook stock not CCL stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With this be right after they finish the roll out of share to all the promised ships?

I'm not scared of tech. I'm scared of princess tech.

Something to consider. On B2B cruises the passengers must all disembark at turnaround. There is almost always one or two who think this doesn't apply to them. All passengers are stuck waiting while these folks are laboriously tracked down by staff. It can mean a delay of an hour. With the Medallion staff can quickly and easily locate these folks thereby eliminating the unreasonable wait that all the rest of the passengers previously had to endure. I think it's great.

Thrak,

Your right only if the passengers don't have the Medallion wrapped in aluminum foil. :D

Tony