Canapes for the balcony

tjcletsgo

Hello, I thought I might order a tray of canapes to enjoy with wine on our balcony. Has anyone ordered any and which one did you enjoy? What kind of crackers do they supply for the cheese plate? Crummy saltines?

Thanks for any info you may have :cool:

I have ordered the canapes for my balcony on sailaway, and they are fine. They are little rounds of bread with a variety of topping--shrimp pate, roe, things like that. They are each a single bite and are fine with a glass (or two or three) of Champagne/Sparlking Wine on your balcony as you are sailing out of port.

I have, also, ordered the cheese tray, and I really don't remember the crackers. I'm sure they were celo-packed. I'm pretty sure they weren't Saltines, but my recollection may be faulty.

My wife's favorite, and the one we are going for on our next cruise in four days, is the vegetable platter.

Edited by XBGuy

Stop by the International Cafe for your goodies. I have never enjoyed the canapés. Have even taken our "complimentary" plate up for Sail Away....and couldn't give away all 6. The vegetable platter has way too much for one sitting. So many options. Just requires some footwork.

We usually get cheese, fruit and crackers from the buffet during the day when we pass by. We always save those shower caps from hotels and use them to cover the plate and put it in the fridge to keep until we are ready to enjoy it with a nice glass of wine on the balcony.

Personally, I am underwhelmed by Princess' canapes, which I consider "meh" at best, especially since the chocolate covered strawberries seem to have gone away. I prefer assembling my own nibbles from the cold cuts and cheese offerings in the Horizon Court.

Great idea about using the freebie hotel shower caps to cover the plate!!! I need to remember that one.

We usually get cheese, fruit and crackers from the buffet during the day when we pass by. We always save those shower caps from hotels and use them to cover the plate and put it in the fridge to keep until we are ready to enjoy it with a nice glass of wine on the balcony.

Great tip about the shower cap, thank you so much for sharing it.

Love the shower cap idea. I usually go to the buffet for cocktail hour snacks. We did order the chilli and chips from room service one time that was pretty good.

Shower cap is a great idea. When I go to the dollar store, I will see if they have them there. When I bring a "snack" from the IC or HC, back to my cabin, I could cover the plate, keep it from "peeking" eyes on the elevators or stairs:cool:

Hello, I thought I might order a tray of canapes to enjoy with wine on our balcony. Has anyone ordered any and which one did you enjoy? What kind of crackers do they supply for the cheese plate? Crummy saltines?

Don't remember the crackers exactly, but they were definitely not Saltines.

Whenever we travel, anywhere, Mrs. XBGuy always packs a stash of Ziplock Bags--three or four each of the quart and gallon sizes. It is amazing how often we find a handy use for them. Obviously, they are great for storing leftovers in the fridge.

We ordered the canapés to have before dinner each night and always enjoyed them. I also preorder a cheese and cracker plate for sea days. Saves me the trip to the buffet to load up a plate.

Happy Trails :whiskey-glass:

DSCN1547.JPG.a3e47061eef7d3ddb2d93afeaac5eb1d.JPG

Love the shower cap idea! For some reason, I have kept some of the unused shower caps from our travels.Now, I actually have a use for them. Next cruise I will pack a few.

I also pack Ziploc bags in various sizes. They always come in handy.