Pearl island or Breezes?

c-leg5

Trying to decide between Pearl Island and Breezes for a day in December. Most reviews for Pearl Island on here are quite old and wondered if anyone had gone recently with RCCL?

Reviews on TripAdvisor seem mainly positive and negative comments seem to be connected with island not being complete i.e. Swimming pool or not? Just trying to get some recent reviews from someone who has visited this year.

I am guessing it is not going to be very hot in December, anyone swam in the pools at Breezes in December?

• 1 month later...

We're on a B2B on Anthem of the Seas, went to Pearl Island last week, enjoyed it so much, went again yesterday. Boat ride was approximately 20-25 minutes to the island. Staff very friendly and helpful, kayaks and paddle boarding are free. The water was a touch cool at first, once you went in, it was fine.

Food served was BBQ chicken breast, fish (swine), rice and beans and coleslaw, we thought food was good. You do get a complimentary photo, taken once on board the island and a complimentary drink, with or without alcohol.

78bc64aaa26ccbb6982a5bc20b833dc2.jpg

0c532f38dcc1776a7af533f709c3b61f.jpg

9a8f65822a817c84bf3cc484f3c35bac.jpg

babfba9b4666e2119592320c587d1ce4.jpg

ebcf942f5757ef333517b47bdd439897.jpg

1e1457184c99e9af1275b71a0162320f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the photos and review. We have this booked for our next visit to Nassau and it has been hard to find recent reviews.

Did it seem crowded and was it easy to find shade? How were drink prices?

Thank you so much for the photos and review. We have this booked for our next visit to Nassau and it has been hard to find recent reviews.

Did it seem crowded and was it easy to find shade? How were drink prices?

I was told the island accepts approximately 200 reservations, last week was somewhat crowded, the other day, not too crowded.

There was limited shade but we were able to find shade on both occasions. Try to book the early excursion and be the first ones off the boat ride to the island to find shade.

Drink prices, a shot of rum was $5 and a bottle of water was $3. Don't know the other drink prices, let me know what you like , I'll check for you as we'll be back to Pearl Island in 2 weeks 😀

Enjoy your time on the Island, we sure did 😀

I was told the island accepts approximately 200 reservations, last week was somewhat crowded, the other day, not too crowded.

There was limited shade but we were able to find shade on both occasions. Try to book the early excursion and be the first ones off the boat ride to the island to find shade.

Drink prices, a shot of rum was $5 and a bottle of water was $3. Don't know the other drink prices, let me know what you like , I'll check for you as we'll be back to Pearl Island in 2 weeks 😀

Enjoy your time on the Island, we sure did 😀

Sounds good! You must really like it if you are going back again! We are on the extended Nassau stay on Liberty of the Seas. We hadn’t planned to be in Nassau so looking for something new to do.

We mainly drink rum and coke, or beer. Does the boat leave directly from cruise ship pier? We will be there in December.

Thank you for this, hard to find reviews and being in the Allure later this month we have only 6 hrs at port and they are offering this excursion. We will most likely book now.

Cheers!

My pleasure :)

Sounds good! You must really like it if you are going back again! We are on the extended Nassau stay on Liberty of the Seas. We hadn’t planned to be in Nassau so looking for something new to do.

We mainly drink rum and coke, or beer. Does the boat leave directly from cruise ship pier? We will be there in December.

We love Anthem of the Seas, we live very close to the port and the Bahamas is the only itinerary they are currently offering. Since I love the beach, been to Nassau numerous times over the years and Pearl Island only accepts a limited number of people, this excursion for us is ideal. I also liked that the island was very clean and found the staff to be warm and friendly.

Yes the boat leaves from the cruise ship pier and drops you off in town right near the gate that you have to enter to go back onto the ship.

I will inquire the prices for rum and coke and beer on the 15th and will report back.

There is also no internet service on the island and everything is run by a generator.

We enjoyed Liberty of the Seas when she was in Bayonne a few years ago, that was before Quantum arrived in Bayonne.

Have a wonderful cruise in December!!

For others that may ask, we have not been to Balmoral or Blue Lagoon so I can not compare Pearl Island with those excursions.

Thank you so much for posting your review and pictures. We are going in February on the Anthem and you answered a lot of my questions. The one question I do have Is there a better spot to go for sun and beach? I read that there are a few spots to go to. Thank you

Just for the record.

Although Pearl Island is indeed a nice day in the sun, it is a coral "island" with little sandy beach. The strip of beach you see in the pictures is all the sand you will find. The rest consists of concreate patio, walkways and other coral outcroppings. Including a cute lighthouse and a very small pool. There is a nice snorkeling spot off the north side of the island. Accessible by coral "steps" .

I happen to like this little "island", but it's not a great beach.

• Like 1

Just for the record.

Although Pearl Island is indeed a nice day in the sun, it is a coral "island" with little sandy beach. The strip of beach you see in the pictures is all the sand you will find. The rest consists of concreate patio, walkways and other coral outcroppings. Including a cute lighthouse and a very small pool. There is a nice snorkeling spot off the north side of the island. Accessible by coral "steps" .

I happen to like this little "island", but it's not a great beach.

Good to know. I think it will be fine for us in December - I am not expecting it to be too hit for much swimming.

Blue Lagoon is a much better island for beach/swimming.

LOL didn't mean a "hit" I meant "hot"!

Looking forward to Pearl Island.

Since we have two days to occupy on our cruise and I am not over optimistic about the weather, the second day we are doing our own Rum tasting tour starting at the Daquiri Shack!

• 2 weeks later...

Beer was $5 and Rum and Coke was $7 and $10 for larger cup size.

I don't think I mentioned this before, once you get to Pearl Island they will take a complimentary photo of you by the water, we tipped her a few dollars when she delivered the photo.

We had another nice day on Pearl Island yesterday, but had some rain at times.

Enjoy your day on the Island 😀

I don't think I mentioned this before, once you get to Pearl Island they will take a complimentary photo of you by the water, we tipped her a few dollars when she delivered the photo.

Thanks so much for reporting back!

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for your review. We had a very enjoyable day on Pearl Island and would certainly do it again, even had an enjoyable swim in the bay as it turned out to be a sunny day!

The only warning I would add if you have any mobility problems getting on and off the boat is a large step up and down. The crew are very helpful, but no hand rails, so may be a problem for some.

• 11 months later...