Laundry question

TaylorMace

I usually do laundry on board once on a sea day in the middle of the cruise. You can use your card to purchase tokens and detergent/dryer sheets. At times it gets very busy so you may need to check back or check a different deck. On the ships I've been on the laundry rooms also have irons you can use free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey folks! I have a few questions about laundry. Do you need quarters? Or can you use your card? Do many of you do laundry on board? Any tips?! Thank you for the help. We are going to be on the regal.

The Regal should have card swipe machines which gets you tokens to feed the washer & dryer.

Did our own laundry until we made Elite. Now we send it out.

Tip: note the time it takes for the machines to run their cycles (it's posted in the laundry room) and come back 5-10 minutes early. Some people will unload your stuff to get theirs started and there are occasional sticky fingers.

Usually a TV in the LR.

At least one iron on a timer and a bottle of water for spritzing.

In the laundry room you need to use tokens that are dispensed from a machine after you swipe your cruise card. That machine has a small screen that will ask what you want to do and then will dispense the tokens.

The next machine will dispense small boxes of soap powder after you put in the token.

The washer and drier run on tokens also.

Tips: Take some drier sheets with you in a small plastic bag. The wife did this and had enough left over to share with another lady.

Check the lint screen on the drier before you use it. The one I found was clogged with lint which would have cut down on the drying of the stuff.

On a sea day go early and you will have the laundry room to your self. Later it will become crowded.

Bob