Independence April 2018 Drydock

Joe12

For me it's curious that they've decided to keep the old Champagne Bar and not update it to the R-Bar concept like with other ships.

Maybe it is more popular in the UK market. I don't know what happened when EX was refurbished, as Southampton was also her first homeport post-revitalization.

For me it's curious that they've decided to keep the old Champagne Bar and not update it to the R-Bar concept like with other ships.

I guess they've decided the R Bar concept is not worth their investment anymore.

Adventure's Champagne Bar was also left intact after her recent dry dock.

Maybe it is more popular in the UK market. I don't know what happened when EX was refurbished, as Southampton was also her first homeport post-revitalization.

Explorer received an R Bar in the former location of the Champagne Bar.

Hi!

The Independence of the Seas has a Facebook page and people have been posting about it and there are even a couple of videos showing the refurbishment and HOLY COW it looks like it will be a new ship!

Is it group page or liked page

If you want to watch the Independence Dunes being built via a webcam ...

https://www.webcamgalore.com/image/Royal-Caribbean/Independence-of-the-Seas/30218.html

They did start but then pulled it down and they now appear to be using some sections of the bow to take material down via scaffolding to the new cabins on the deck below.

However there are 2 deck plans for post refit one through to April 2019 which does not have Independence dunes and one post April 2019 that does. Make of that what you will???

It looks as though the refit Webcam is stuck at 16:15 yesterday, unless it's my computer that's not updating correctly.
Stuck for me too

Maybe someone hit it with a golf ball. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Mine too

It’s working again now. If you look now over the last 24 hours you can see it being moved from dry dock. The mini golf is now all finished.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/independence-of-the-seas/live-camera/#royal-caribbean-independence-of-the-seas/i/5ae9efd2f6e7bd000115791c

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great images. She looks more like Adventure than Liberty, but can't wait to see her finished.

Why more like Adventure than Liberty? Just because the slides are not that big and overhanging and the ugly looking tidal wave is missing?

Why more like Adventure than Liberty? Just because the slides are not that big and overhanging and the ugly looking tidal wave is missing?

Basically. Not a bad thing though. Adventure is looking great after her dry dock and I wish she would return to Southampton to replace that rust bucket Navigator.