CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

We’re arriving in Cape Liberty the September 29 on Adventure of the Seas. I’m planning on using Dial 7 to get to our hotel near Bryant Park.

Could someone please suggest a pick up time to give them? I know things vary with each disembarkation, but as a general rule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’re arriving in Cape Liberty the September 29 on Adventure of the Seas. I’m planning on using Dial 7 to get to our hotel near Bryant Park.

Could someone please suggest a pick up time to give them? I know things vary with each disembarkation, but as a general rule.

Could you check your arrival date? It appears that Adventure arrives on Friday, Sep 28.

Unfortunately Adventure will not be sailing from Cape Liberty until May, so she has no track record for CL arrivals yet. On a Friday morning I wouldn't want to be rushing off the ship before 8:30 am for a 9-9:30 pickup. There's no point to getting involved in the height of the morning rush hour to get into NYC. Check back in 2 months to see how Adventure disembarkations are doing on a Friday morning.

Could you check your arrival date? It appears that Adventure arrives on Friday, Sep 28.

Unfortunately Adventure will not be sailing from Cape Liberty until May, so she has no track record for CL arrivals yet. On a Friday morning I wouldn't want to be rushing off the ship before 8:30 am for a 9-9:30 pickup. There's no point to getting involved in the height of the morning rush hour to get into NYC. Check back in 2 months to see how Adventure disembarkations are doing on a Friday morning.

It is Friday 28th as we will be disembarking then after a B2B, appreciate your note about not rushing off due to the traffic, we need to go to JFK but flight isn’t until early evening, would you recommend that we pre order transport via Dial7 or look for Uber after we have disembarked, have never used either so looking for help. Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is Friday 28th as we will be disembarking then after a B2B, appreciate your note about not rushing off due to the traffic, we need to go to JFK but flight isn’t until early evening, would you recommend that we pre order transport via Dial7 or look for Uber after we have disembarked, have never used either so looking for help. Many thanks.

So are you going to JFK or to Manhattan to sightsee for the day?

You’re right. Adventure’s arriving the 28th. I figured out the date in my head instead of looking it up.

Thanks for the feedback on waiting and rush hour traffic. I’ll check back this summer.

Will take our time leaving the ship then will make our way to JFK, check the cases in then make our way to the Virgin Lounge and chill out there.

Taking your time is the best way. When you go to the luggage hall it’s very easy to find your suitcases, there’s hardly anything left. The staff is hurrying you through customs because they’re anxious to clear the ship. And, lots less chaos with the pickups too.

Thinking about taking the PATH from WTC to Exchange Pl - Light Rail to 34th St. Bayonne - Uber to the port.

Would it be easier to eliminate the Light Rail and take a Uber from Exchange Place to Cape Liberty, in terms of carrying luggage around?

Or is the cost savings significant to just take the Light Rail?

Thinking about taking the PATH from WTC to Exchange Pl - Light Rail to 34th St. Bayonne - Uber to the port.

Would it be easier to eliminate the Light Rail and take a Uber from Exchange Place to Cape Liberty, in terms of carrying luggage around?

Or is the cost savings significant to just take the Light Rail?

Are you staying in a hotel near World Trade? If not, how are you getting to WTC?

It's a totally accessible trip, so it should be luggage rolling instead of luggage carrying. Please see your other post for my response about uber vs light rail. IMO totally a "land of what's happening now" decision.

Thanks! We are actually a short walk to the Path Station at WTC so should be easy. So just trying to determine if it would make sense to cut out the light rail segment.

Are you staying in a hotel near World Trade? If not, how are you getting to WTC?

It's a totally accessible trip, so it should be luggage rolling instead of luggage carrying. Please see your other post for my response about uber vs light rail. IMO totally a "land of what's happening now" decision.

Thanks! We are actually a short walk to the Path Station at WTC so should be easy. So just trying to determine if it would make sense to cut out the light rail segment.

With two people it probably does make sense to use Uber. The cost difference should be less than $8. If the Uber quote is too high at the time, you can just take the light rail and contact Uber when you get to Bayonne.

Please post back your experience.

Here are the Bayonne Cab numbers just in case.

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

Hello to all! We are just booking a cruise out of Port Liberty in Oct. Looking at flying in the day before on SW airlines to EWR. Problem is..there isn't a late enough return on Saturdays from EWR to home.

Looks like we will have to fly home from LGA. If the flight is at 1:45pm on a Sat, will we have enough time? We've never cruised out of this area before so all new to us.

Also, what would be the best transportation to get us from port to LGA and how much time should we allow?

Oh and one more question...suggestions on where to stay the day before will be appreciated as well!! :)

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Hello to all! We are just booking a cruise out of Port Liberty in Oct. Looking at flying in the day before on SW airlines to EWR. Problem is..there isn't a late enough return on Saturdays from EWR to home.

Looks like we will have to fly home from LGA. If the flight is at 1:45pm on a Sat, will we have enough time? We've never cruised out of this area before so all new to us.

Also, what would be the best transportation to get us from port to LGA and how much time should we allow?

What time is disembarkation? I am thinking you probably will have enough time. In my opinion a private car would prob be best. One that you have scheduled as u don't have to wait for them to arrive AFTER you request them like lyft and uber. CARMEL limo is one i like to use. There is also DIAL 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Oh and one more question...suggestions on where to stay the day before will be appreciated as well!! :)

Sounds like an Anthem cruise with a Sat arrival. To go to LGA (NJ to NY) you definitely want to book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo.

What is your hotel budget? Hotel date is Oct 3? Are you 2 people? What time are you arriving the day before and do you want to sightsee in NYC? You will also have to arrange transportation to Cape Liberty.

We recently booked Summit to Bermuda. I did a search of this thread and found no entries; apologies if this has already been addressed:

Are there "Global entry" kiosks in Port Liberty when returning?

Thank you!

No at least not as of last year when we cruised in September / October. I believe they are only in airports anyway and the only cruise port that accepts Mobile Passport is Port Everglades.

Definitely no Global Entry kiosks at Cape Liberty! During the busy May to September season Cape Liberty only has 12-13 ship arrival/Departures per month. In the winter it's only 3-4 ship arrival/Departures per month.

Does anyone know when Anthem will have a waiting room for passengers leaving the terminal and waiting for transportation? Cruising in February.

No update on that as yet. It's a huge dissatisfier. Cape Liberty can be frigid in the winter.

Sounds like an Anthem cruise with a Sat arrival. To go to LGA (NJ to NY) you definitely want to book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo.

What is your hotel budget? Hotel date is Oct 3? Are you 2 people? What time are you arriving the day before and do you want to sightsee in NYC? You will also have to arrange transportation to Cape Liberty.

No we are arriving on Oct 17th a Wed although that is not a definite yet, but returning home on a Sat. 2 couples. As far as budget I would say less than $200.

Thank you for your help! :):)

No we are arriving on Oct 17th a Wed although that is not a definite yet, but returning home on a Sat. 2 couples. As far as budget I would say less than $200.

Thank you for your help! :):)

I wasn't very clear. Anthem arrives back on a Sat. You arrive on a Wed for a Thur cruise. Is that 1 room less than $200 for 4 people or 2 rooms for 2 people each at less than $200/each? What bed sizes do you require?

What time do you arrive? Dinner requirements? Any thoughts about going into NYC?

I wasn't very clear. Anthem arrives back on a Sat. You arrive on a Wed for a Thur cruise. Is that 1 room less than $200 for 4 people or 2 rooms for 2 people each at less than $200/each? What bed sizes do you require?

What time do you arrive? Dinner requirements? Any thoughts about going into NYC?

I found a Hampton Inn in Elizabeth, NJ. Hopefully it will be adequate for 1 night. TripAdvisor has pretty good reviews of it. They have complimentary shuttle service from airport and I called and the lady said she thought would have shuttle to port by Oct. They are doing some remodeling so it sounds like this will be added. I hope anyway. $161. Affordable.

We'll be arriving around 11:40am so we'll need something to do that day/evening. Not sure about NY, I will just have to talk with our friends and see what they want to do. We have both been there before.

I found a Hampton Inn in Elizabeth, NJ. Hopefully it will be adequate for 1 night. TripAdvisor has pretty good reviews of it. They have complimentary shuttle service from airport and I called and the lady said she thought would have shuttle to port by Oct. They are doing some remodeling so it sounds like this will be added. I hope anyway. $161. Affordable.

We'll be arriving around 11:40am so we'll need something to do that day/evening. Not sure about NY, I will just have to talk with our friends and see what they want to do. We have both been there before.

It's nice to hear they are remodeling Hampton Inn and that they might have a port shuttle at some point, but I think you should look at other options as well if you've booked a refundable reservation. You're arriving very early and there is nothing to do at all near the Hampton Inn. The hotel offers free breakfast, but they don't have a restaurant, so no food service for lunch or dinner.

Look at Country Inns in Elizabeth which is showing at $135. Like Hampton Inn they have offer free breakfast and have no restaurant. But they are located next an IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays as well as the Jersey Gardens Mall with Applebees, Johnny Rockets, a food court and movies. In addition they have port shuttle operation for $17.50/pp.

It's nice to hear they are remodeling Hampton Inn and that they might have a port shuttle at some point, but I think you should look at other options as well if you've booked a refundable reservation. You're arriving very early and there is nothing to do at all near the Hampton Inn. The hotel offers free breakfast, but they don't have a restaurant, so no food service for lunch or dinner.

Look at Country Inns in Elizabeth which is showing at $135. Like Hampton Inn they have offer free breakfast and have no restaurant. But they are located next an IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays as well as the Jersey Gardens Mall with Applebees, Johnny Rockets, a food court and movies. In addition they have port shuttle operation for $17.50/pp.

Thank you so much Carol for all your suggestions. Your time spent in responding is greatly appreciated.

I'm checking out the Country Inn & Suites. I think it will work for us. Hopefully by Oct the updates will have taken place as some reviews are showing it needs updating. But for one night it's doable. I do put a lot of trust in TripAdvisor reviews.

I will say that I don't ever go for the Non refundable rates just because you never know what could change your plans. I'd rather pay a bit more and get a refundable rate and be able to cancel day of or 24 hrs.

Thanks again. If there is every any more info I need to know about this area, please feel free to share. ;)