What are those "Odd" things some of us would never think to bring?

dis2cruise

SetSailPass ... check

Passport ... check

Cash ... check

All the rest is incidentals :p

Seriously, the one thing we never forget anymore is air freshener for bathroom...especially if a cabin mate is, um, one to sit and think a lot in there :eek:

I have a small LED light that I got at a dollar store. It has a hook on the end like a coat hanger.

It is very bright. We keep this in the bathroom at night. I hang it off a shelf. Then when one of us gets up in the night we do not wake the other turning on the light. [since the switch is on the outside of the door it lights up the room before you can enter and close the door.]

1. Highlighters in different colors (one for each person traveling). I love to highlight things in the Compass.

2. Post-it notes... For leaving quick notes or bookmarks

3. Woolite... I always need to wash something mid trip, and I'm not paying $10 for them to launder a $15 bathing suit.

4. Extra hangers

I don't want to forget anything important :)

I have started bringing a nightlight (wallflower) from Bath and Body Works. The room then is not totally dark at night and it smells good!

I also bring a multi-pronged outlet plug. We have so much that we charge these days (Kindle, Ipad, phones) that this comes in handy.

Corkscrew if you're bringing your own wine!

Tape, we hang door signs and use it randomly for stuff

Scissors - small tiny pair - usually we need them for something

Hubby always used to bring his favorite scissors, but they were confiscated by security at one of Royal's ships at the pre check-in. We were amazed because if we had sought to do harm or make mischief with sharp objects, we could easily have gone to the Windjammer for a knife.

Anyway, we had to do without. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if Royal Caribbean still follows this strict no-scissors policy.

Edited by HeavySurf

Duct tape in case anything, like luggage, breaks. You may never need it, but if you don't bring it, you probably will.

Over-the-door shoe holder for inside the bathroom door to hold toiletries, hair brushes, etc.

Tiny speaker for iPod or MP3 player (under $20 at Walgreens) so we can listen to music on the balcony while relaxing with a glass of wine and a room service cheese plate.

Some first aid items including medicines for upset tummies. Some folks are not used to the rich food.

A camera (or two) and extra memory cards.

And, most important, a good attitude. People who come aboard with pre- conceived notions of what they expect their cruise to be can be disappointed. Just come aboard with the idea that you will have a wonderful time.

hanging closet (shoe)bag (with many pockets that save space in bath)

duct tape

benedril

aloe

batteries (for camera etc)

phone charger

suntan lotion

antibiotic cream

binoculars

collapsable umbrella

bandaids

advil or aleve

small battery operated alarm clock

splenda

breathe right strips

ipod w/ extra earphones

goggles or earplugs for swimming

waterproof case for holding valuables while swimming (test it out first)

case of water (checked with luggage)

While all of these things are available onboard or in port, they are incredibly

expensive (ie. In Bermuda...4 AA batteries $10

this is ganna sound funny but i bring a papper towle cardboard roll to put my cruise compasses in:D

I have to say I've never heard this one before... But I just might have to use it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Starbucks Via better then the ships coffee. I was at costco today and almost purchased it there thinking it would be easy to get hot water in the Windjammer or for that matter the MDR. Would this give me a good cup of coffee.

Starbucks Via

Travel Wallet

Is the Starbucks Via better then the ships coffee. I was at costco today and almost purchased it there thinking it would be easy to get hot water in the Windjammer or for that matter the MDR. Would this give me a good cup of coffee.

I think it is better than the instant coffee in the stateroom on our last cruise - and some days I need my caffeine before I am ready to run to the Windjammer or MDR for a cup. I also take my travel mug so once I'm out and about I can fill up and enjoy hot coffee at the pool while reading my book.