Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

• Administrators

Would you use a Cruise Critic App on board your cruise to instant message with your fellow Roll Call participants?

Probably not unless to ask a question. I have always thought there was no IM or PM function here because some threads become so heated, with pointed sniping between posters that it would move to private harassment via the message app. EM

I said "Maybe" but tending to 'no'.

Cruise Critic is something that I look at in idle time. Very infrequently do I need to be instantly on top of a Roll Call or anything else on CC, and even then I can choose instant email notification.

It is a luxury not a necessity. But then, I am not a teenager, so my needs are different.

John

Would you use a Cruise Critic App on board your cruise to instant message with your fellow Roll Call participants?

Yes!

There has been more than once that we have had to try to locate a late group member for a group excursion or for dinner reservations etc.

Obviously a pitfall currently could well be the cost of using your smartphone or iPad etc. while onboard. But overall I think it would be a great idea.

I've always found it a little difficult to get acquainted in person with those that I have met through a CC role call on board. I mean, sometimes groups are good at meeting at a bar or other location on embarkation day. And sometimes not. Sometimes we find each other on board by accident, sometimes not.

I know that trying to use the roll call thread on CC is usually not all that effective on embarkation day, but if there were some other utility, it would make coordinating activities while on board a little easier.

Of course, all of this is predicated on members either having cellular data service while in port, or having access to cruise line provided Internet.

I said maybe, there are lots of interesting people we Have met thru CC including our good friends from Boston who we are cruising with for the sixth time in 6 years. yet there are some annoying people who have taken over roll calls that i want nothing to do with. I would rather we make the decisions