Medano Beach

kapcruiser

First time to Cabo, we are planning to go to Medano Beach. Is the beach free, can you rent chairs and umbrellas?

Beach is free to walk on. Many of the restaurants have chairs and umbrellas on the beach and won’t charge you as long as you are drinking and/or eating. We are going to go to The Sandbar, get a massage 1st, then go down a level and have some lunch and drinks before walking the 20-30 minutes back to the tenders.

we loved Medano beach. Its gorgeous, and the view of the arches is amazing. We booked a day pass though as we wanted a pool and amenities and didn't want to waste time trying to find a good place that wasn't crowded to rent chairs. We had beach beds by the pool with a view. https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ .

We stay on that beach every year for a week. Go to the office and have lunch, 10 min walk from town and right on the beach. If you walk farther down the beach just past the Pueblo Bonito Rose there is a small shack restaurant with food and cold drinks and massages right there. $30 or $35 for an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
we loved Medano beach. Its gorgeous, and the view of the arches is amazing. We booked a day pass though as we wanted a pool and amenities and didn't want to waste time trying to find a good place that wasn't crowded to rent chairs. We had beach beds by the pool with a view. https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/ .

There is only one arch and you can’t see it from Medano Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

The rocks you see from Medano Beach are called Lands End. To see the Arch, you need to be on a boat or about 3 miles toward San Jose. You should see the Arch from the ship went you are arriving and or leaving - depends where your next port is.

We just returned from our Splendor cruise. Hired a glass bottom boat water taxi to take us out to view the arch and land's end, sea lions etc. and then they dropped us directly on Medano beach and also picked us up for return to the port at an agreed upon time. Spent the time at the Sand Bar restaurant right on Medano. Great lunch with chairs under umbrellas for the afternoon while we enjoyed the sand and surf with Splendor in the background.

We just returned from our Splendor cruise. Hired a glass bottom boat water taxi to take us out to view the arch and land's end, sea lions etc. and then they dropped us directly on Medano beach and also picked us up for return to the port at an agreed upon time. Spent the time at the Sand Bar restaurant right on Medano. Great lunch with chairs under umbrellas for the afternoon while we enjoyed the sand and surf with Splendor in the background.

The Sand Bar was great, but I was so quick to pay the bill, I didn't even notice that they snuck in a BS IVA surcharge, which kind of pissed me off! Between the 3 massages and food, spent well over $200 there. Hate being taken advantage of!

The rocks you see from Medano Beach are called Lands End. To see the Arch, you need to be on a boat or about 3 miles toward San Jose. You should see the Arch from the ship went you are arriving and or leaving - depends where your next port is.

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know. Is the Arch part of Lands End or totally seperate?

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know. Is the Arch part of Lands End or totally seperate?

The arch is one of the rock formations at lands end. It is just tucked behind some other rocks and viewing is really only good from the water.

That sounds awesome! What company did you use to hire glass bottom boat? We will have young kids with us when we go in July. Would that be a good excursion for them too?

That sounds awesome! What company did you use to hire glass bottom boat? We will have young kids (4 and 8) with us. Would that be a good excursion for them too?

We just negotiated with one of the vendors at the tender pier. We had 10 in our family group including children ages 2, 5, 5, and 7. The boat name was Bonita I.

What was the name of the resort?

That sounds awesome! What company did you use to hire glass bottom boat? We will have young kids with us when we go in July. Would that be a good excursion for them too?

Heather, as noted in my earlier reply, we did have 4 young Children ages 2.5-7 with us. They enjoyed the boat trip to the arches. The boat ride itself, the fish through the viewing window, the sea lions on the rocks, and the pelicans. There are lots of vendors right at the tender dock. I don't recall what we specifically negotiated to pay for our group of 10 for the arches tour and return pick up to Medano but I know it was under $10 pp as that was the average I had been told it cost prior to the trip so wasn't going to pay more than that. The boats have life jackets including for children and you are all required to wear them.

We are going to go to The Sandbar, get a massage 1st, then go down a level and have some lunch and drinks before walking the 20-30 minutes back to the tenders.

We did this during our visit last Fall and really enjoyed it!

• 1 month later...

Fantastic, this is what we're looking to do on our June stop in Cabo.

• 4 weeks later...
Melia Me

Hi Crossfitmama, DH and I are thinking of doing this daypass. It says that you get $30 food & beverage credit. The menu I found seemed really expensive. Did you find that the credit was enough? Or did you put in a lot of extra $? Were you there before or after they made it into the Blue Marlin Ibiza club during the day?

Thanks!!!

Hi Crossfitmama, DH and I are thinking of doing this daypass. It says that you get $30 food & beverage credit. The menu I found seemed really expensive. Did you find that the credit was enough? Or did you put in a lot of extra $? Were you there before or after they made it into the Blue Marlin Ibiza club during the day?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, nevermind, I saw your answers to the same question from other folks in different threads.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, awinner said:

The Sand Bar was great, but I was so quick to pay the bill, I didn't even notice that they snuck in a BS IVA surcharge, which kind of pissed me off! Between the 3 massages and food, spent well over $200 there. Hate being taken advantage of!

E

On 4/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, awinner said:

Sorry what does I A stand for 

Edited by Dewbug
Spelling