Any thoughts on visiting Rio Camuy Cave Park and Arecibo?

OnTheJourney

Hi,

I came across a Viator day trip that visits both of these places during a 9-hour tour. This sounds like something nice to do the day before the cruise if I decide to arrive early. I'd love to see Arecibo anyway. The only uncertainty is which hotels Viator picks up at. As mentioned in another thread, I'm thinking of staying at La Concha so would need to find out if that is one of the hotels they stop at.

Thanks for any suggestions....

Edited by three4rd

We've had a tour like this booked since before the Hurricane. I've spoken to the operator and they won't make a decision on it until 72 hrs before our scheduled (Dec 29) trip. I'm hoping it will be a go, but I truly don't know. Seperately. the folks at Arecibo told us that they'd allow us to view from the observation platform even if the visitor's center isn't open yet.

I figured there are undoubtedly scheduling issues due to the aftermath of the hurricane. Totally understandable and reasonable. The only thing is, for me, I hate to wait too much longer on booking flights for my cruise. The flight schedule depends on whether or not I decide to do some sort of sightseeing a day or two before departure. I would imagine under 'normal' conditions these tours probably operate more frequently than the twice-a-week schedule I'm seeing.

I figured there are undoubtedly scheduling issues due to the aftermath of the hurricane. Totally understandable and reasonable. The only thing is, for me, I hate to wait too much longer on booking flights for my cruise. The flight schedule depends on whether or not I decide to do some sort of sightseeing a day or two before departure. I would imagine under 'normal' conditions these tours probably operate more frequently than the twice-a-week schedule I'm seeing.

Your cruise is in a couple of weeks and you haven't booked flights yet? Where are you flying from? I'm only asking because I may have to wait until February 15th to book flights for March 28th and I am getting really nervous.

Your cruise is in a couple of weeks and you haven't booked flights yet? Where are you flying from? I'm only asking because I may have to wait until February 15th to book flights for March 28th and I am getting really nervous.

I haven't even mentioned when my cruise is (late April) and so I'm not sure what you're referring to? I still have plenty of time to book flights. I typically start tracking prices about 4 months out and then make a decision based on what I see happening with the prices. Why do you have to wait until 2/15 to book your flights? Since you asked, though, I'm flying out of PHL.

Probably a confusion between you saying you have no flight booked and the other poster saying their cruise is 12/29.

That's what I was thinking..that somehow the two different posts somehow got accidentally linked! Sort of like how messages, etc. can get changed via the old "whisper down the lane" exercise...:)

Probably a confusion between you saying you have no flight booked and the other poster saying their cruise is 12/29.

Ugh that's what happened. And some wishful thinking that someone who books flights last minute would have some good advice :)