$ question

dcsam

I know... it's a no-no to name TAs. Agreed. I'm wondering if there are TAs out there that discount Seabourn's listed rates. Or is it typically shipboard credit only? I can't see much benefit to shipboard credit and would prefer a reduced rate. For example, with Oceania or Viking Oceans, seems a reduced rate of around 10% can be expected. So what about Seabourn?

Thank you!

The two top U.K. Cruise Agencies who do a substantial amount of Seabourn business usually discount about ten percent. But frankly to me that is only part of why eventhough I live in the US I use a U.K. TA. The service they provide is what sets them apart. I read about issue after issue posted here and I say to myself thank goodness I never have to deal with Seabourn -- my TA handles all of that and usually there is a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We use a US TA that gives us roughly 9% and have started, thanks to someone who will remain nameless, also a UK one who gives a little larger discount - with currency risks. Both give great service, and as Chairsin stated the service is what counts - saving a few $ but not having someone willing to go to bat for you is a losing proposition IMO.

We use a TA who is a top seller of most luxury lines. We receive a minimum 10% discount which takes the form of a rebate (Crystal & Regent) or a contribution towards final payment (Seabourn & Paul Gauguin). They also provide excellent service and have top-tier contacts to sort out any issues.

Hi, all ...

Much to my dismay, our "big box store" TA has stopped representing Seabourn so am at a loss as to where to go to get a discount. We were getting an 8-9% discount. Would be appreciative if someone could point me in the direction of a TA in the US - my email is barb dot h at comcast dot net

Also, this will be the first time we'll be using a FCD - can someone explain how that works when using a TA? Can I still book directly with Seabourn, have them handle the deposit and apply the 5% discount and then have it transferred to a TA who can then subtract their discount?

Thanks for any help!

Barb

I think we may have lost some posts on this thread?? Anyway, what I was going to say is that I have never been asked by anyone on a Seabourn cruise what I have paid (have on other, mainly British lines, and just say I cannot remember). However, it is a good place to have a discussion on particular Agents, as to who is helpful and efficient, and also gives a good discount on the current Seabourn price for any cruise. Mostly to one's fellow countrymen. We have certainly helped fellow Brits with onboard chats.