Prytania Park Hotel- any recent stays?

sahm2alexis

Has anyone stayed at the Prytania Park hotel? They offer free parking for your cruise with a 2 night stay.... so it basically evens out for us (extra night is equal to the 7 day parking), so I'm really considering it. That way we would have a whole day to sight see before the cruise. Has anyone stayed here with kids? I'm thinking mine would LOVE the old cool spiral staircase! (They're old enough not to kill themselves on it)

Also looking for tips on sight seeing with kids? Restaurants we have to try?

My family of 12 stayed there last spring and loved it. It's a very charming older hotel. The trolley stop is right across the street so you're virtually just minutes from anything your heart desires from restaurants to entertainment. Buy the pass that gives you 24 hours unlimited access and you're good to go. For what we saved we'd definitely stay there again in the future. The only con I found was after dark the trolley's get pretty busy with college kids being the college is right down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a year but I loved that hotel. It's in the garden district so it's very quiet there pretty much all the time. The Avenue Pub and Krewe Du Brew are within easy walking distance. The Trolley Stop Cafe was also great but a little far to walk. And I agree the trolley is good during the day but you might wait for an hour or longer at night for one. Uber is relatively cheap though and works well there.