"May I join you...?"

softsands

Hello all,

I will be cruising as a "solo" on the Legend next month, this being my first cruise with Seabourn. While I'm looking forward to some well-deserved "me, myself and I" time, I'm not a hermit by any means; I'm wondering how the Seabourn atmosphere lends itself to passengers such as myself in seeking out opportunties for occasional shared dining and socializing, without being perceived as intrusive or a "5th wheel."

Thanks for any feedback and/or advice.

Don't worry about dining alone. You will receive invitations to hosted tables every evening. The host is either an officer, cruise director or staff, lecturer, or headlined entertainer. You can join a trivia team for sea days. Just show up and look for a team that is just forming. It's easy. There are also lectures, bridge lessons and games, miniature golf, and these are scheduled at different times so you can attend all if you wish. Enjoy!

And the "Mind if I join you..." line works very well, too. We travel as a couple, but I have asked to join a single (or another couple) at a table when the Verandah was crowded for lunch, and we've had singles use the line, to join us in the Club during cocktails. I think it's part of the overall small-size charm of the triplets that meeting others can be so effortless.

And Trivia is such a great ice-breaker, as well! You might start out as strangers on Day One, but by the end of the cruise...you've a couple (or more) new pals.

Hi JaneBP,

I'm on the 03.25 out of St. Thomas. I saw the roll call thread but wasn't sure what to say...:rolleyes:

Several of us will be meeting @ the skybar prior to the safety drill. Jane will be wearing a Philly's hat...and my Don has white hair and is a big guy of 80..I will be the 75 year old chick-a-dee with him. You will not feel like a newbie for long..everyone really warms up..particularly after the first day. We will be in Suite 1 on the 5th floor [Cotton]..please call us if you have any questions..or need anything. Lola

Thanks LaPaloma, that's so nice of you to offer...I look forward to "hanging"...:cool:

(P.S. I'm from north of the border, I hope that doesn't disqualify me :confused:)

Does that mean that you sing THE ANTHEM with the Olympics celebraters? And no..there are no disqualifiers....curious though..what does ..softsands stand for...I am thinking Beach?

Well, the canuck athletes have done much better than I thought they would; of course, if there's no gold in hockey, Canada could cease as we know it.

And, yes, you're right...'Softsands' is all about beach; just love the beach. The itinerary for the 03.25 cruise should give me the chance to spend as much time in the water and on the beach as on the ship!

Well, the canuck athletes have done much better than I thought they would; of course, if there's no gold in hockey, Canada could cease as we know it.

And, yes, you're right...'Softsands' is all about beach; just love the beach. The itinerary for the 03.25 cruise should give me the chance to spend as much time in the water and on the beach as on the ship!

As fellow "Beach Lovers", look forward to meeting. Do you plan on any snorkeling on this trip? We are signed up for the Blue Cat Snorkeling Friday on St. Bart.

Several of us will be meeting @ the skybar prior to the safety drill. Jane will be wearing a Philly's hat...and my Don has white hair and is a big guy of 80..I will be the 75 year old chick-a-dee with him. You will not feel like a newbie for long..everyone really warms up..particularly after the first day. We will be in Suite 1 on the 5th floor [Cotton]..please call us if you have any questions..or need anything. Lola

I think my wife Lola made a mistake--first one since 1946--I think our first get together is usually after life boat drill--during sail away--Jane--The lady in the Philly hat-- is the expert on this subject--Jane who is right? Don

Don/Lois,

I KNOW you are so looking forward to being back on Seabourn after your homebuilding hiatus -- hope you weather is half as perfect as it was on our recent Central America cruise!

Thanks..we are so ready..sick of the grey and rain...this is not the Tucson we know and love. From your lips to God's ears on the weather. Just checked St. Thomas and they have been mid eighties...wonderful!

Yes, our first get-together will be after the drill, for the sasil away party.I haven't seen my Phillies hat lately, hope it's still packed. I have had the same clothes in the same suitcase for my last two cruises. (all clean, of course). On the Port side, since usually the band is on the starboard side.

Unfortunately, I will be alone, since my dear Fred passed away very recently. But he will be with me in spirit.

Yes, our first get-together will be after the drill, for the sasil away party.I haven't seen my Phillies hat lately, hope it's still packed. I have had the same clothes in the same suitcase for my last two cruises. (all clean, of course). On the Port side, since usually the band is on the starboard side.

Unfortunately, I will be alone, since my dear Fred passed away very recently. But he will be with me in spirit.

Jane I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your good friend Fred. While we didn't have an opportunity to meet, you did early on tell us a little about him and I am truly sorry that we won't have an opportunity to spend time together.

You are so right I'm sure he will be with you in spirit. When we lose ones that we love their spirits are always with us.

Shirley

Archived