Rear facing cabins on Solstice ships

pna

Comments please on cabins facing back on aft of solstice ships? Last minute cruise on Reflection and choices limited. Regular concierge cabin with veranda facing port or starboard. OR a back one. Have done a corner aft sky suite and loved it but suites sold out.

We had an aft cabin on the Eclipse and there are few things to beat sailing out of NYC at 10pm with the entire city in lights standing on an aft balcony with an amazing view. Magic. If I had one negative it would be soot on the balcony but I’m hoping it may be the position of our cabin as we have booked another aft cabin on a lower deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is like reading yesterday’s news. All you ever get to see is where you have been and not where you are going. You also never get to see the sun rise. You can only see the sun set. 🙄🤪

The only real concerns, issues or problem would be that sometimes the balcony gets a little stuffy due to very little air movement. You may also experience the fish tailing of the ship that may affect you if you are sensitive to movement. The other is sometimes in port all you are looking at is the bow of another ship.

On one cruise we had for some reason a group passengers loved to hang out at the aft rail on the open decks above. When they got done with their drinks they would toss the dregs over the rail. When sitting on our balcony we would get showered with ice cubes, limes, lemons, cherries, coffee, tea bags and etc.

The real positive is you always know what way to walk down the hallway to your cabin and it doesn’t matter what side of the ship you walk down. And when you leave your cabin you will always be walking in the right direction to get to where you want to go. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Comments please on cabins facing back on aft of solstice ships? Last minute cruise on Reflection and choices limited. Regular concierge cabin with veranda facing port or starboard. OR a back one. Have done a corner aft sky suite and loved it but suites sold out.

Some Solstice class Aft C1s have larger balconies than others for same price. On Equinox I think 4th C1 in from the Port SS1 has largest, with second C1s in from SS1 on both port and starboard being a bit larger then the others. You might want to hunt up a photo of Reflection's aft that's been labeled with cabin numbers.

I agree that Corner aft SS beats even the CSs on Solstice ships, and would echo everyone else's thoughts that aft view from any cabin beats the others!

We always cruise in aft facing cabins. We have never had anyone toss drink dregs or anything else over the railing on us. People in general are normally not that inconsiderate Never felt stuffy back there ever. You can see where the ship is going by turning on the tv to the web cam. You won’t get blown off the balcony like the side cabins. You can see port and starboard at the same time. And depending on which direction the ship is sailing you will see the sunset almost every night.

We are booked in December also on Reflection aft facing.

Go for it!

I'm asking for a friend ( I promise): off of which side cabin balconies can one "get blown"?

Lol. I guess I exaggerated but for instance when we cruised to Hawaii we couldn’t even use the balcony it was so windy. It would have been so nice to be aft facing on that cruise. Also when we had a deck 7 starboard side on Oceania it was wind and sea spray that kept us from enjoying the balcony.

This is why we cruise aft facing and for the wonderful views.

Lol. I guess I exaggerated but for instance when we cruised to Hawaii we couldn’t even use the balcony it was so windy. It would have been so nice to be aft facing on that cruise. Also when we had a deck 7 starboard side on Oceania it was wind and sea spray that kept us from enjoying the balcony.

This is why we cruise aft facing and for the wonderful views.

Seriously, I totally agree with you. I was way up front in a port side S1on the Reflection, got it for the larger slanted balcony and it was so windy that it was almost useless--still wonderful ship and a great trip, but aft is awesome for sure.

I'm asking for a friend ( I promise): off of which side cabin balconies can one "get blown"?

Many passengers have found that a outside cabin on the lower decks with the large picture window are more useful as they can sit by the window and look out at the waves and not be exposed to any of the elements.

Plus if you have a drink pack the Passport bar is just a short walk down the hallway and Cafe al Bacio is close by but you can also get coffee at the bar.

Those cabins are in a good location as most activities and bars are only a deck or so away. Unless you really need a elevator you will only have to go up or down one flight of stairs for almost everything except the pool and buffet.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅