Drink price sale

lbfluffy

Same exact experience for me. I bought in at the 53 but have been checking everyday for it to go down NOT GO UP! It is 56 now. I’m hoping the Black Friday sale that others have seen happens this year. I’d like to pay less than the 53.

They drive me nuts going up and down on various things (and then doing things like pretending there is a 30% off sale, but “UP TO” 30% for some sailings and then inside it says up to 25%... then in the details it’s just that same 20% pre-cruise discount. maddening...:o

I’m hearing Black Friday is a good day ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, even the RC rep told me that when I booked last year. It was buy one get one x% off so it came out to 42.50/day for us (I think it was 40% off the 2nd package). Was the difference between being a borderline decision and buying it. It was well worth if for us. Also the soda packages were on sale on black friday.

I have to say I don't understand how no one seems to figure out the price listed is always considered to be a sale price to begin with.

Everybody understands what they list is what they want you to believe the sale price is, but without a starting price one starts to question the validity of the sale. Also in question is how the same 20% off can be $42, $48, $50 and $52 on any given day?

I pretty much ignore the foolish ads..... my focus is on the actual price. I booked a 4/19 Symphony months ago and bought in at 53 (that’s pretax) because I read on the boards it could go up. Sure enough it has to 56. I still check a few times a week if not daily. I’m hoping for the Black Friday sale.

While I am not sure of the ideal description Royal changing these prices around this often, I think it’s unfair to travelers and so random as to have no legitimate purpose as I see it. It is just rotten that the only way to get a reasonable price on these items is to check daily. None of us have time for that and the time someone has to waste doing it ends up “costing” more than the amount they save (that isn’t to say they shouldn’t, just that it seems to be Royal is making a little bit of money playing games with customers). I think we will skip their beverage packages from here on out, surely for our fall cruise.

Happy sailing - Lynn

My Dec sailing on Empress was down to $44 per day, which is the lowest I've seen it since I booked two months ago and I check the website at least a few times a day. I went ahead and purchased it.

It's always been $47 to $50. But still hoping for a Black Friday sale!!

While I am not sure of the ideal description Royal changing these prices around this often, I think it’s unfair to travelers and so random as to have no legitimate purpose as I see it. It is just rotten that the only way to get a reasonable price on these items is to check daily. None of us have time for that and the time someone has to waste doing it ends up “costing” more than the amount they save (that isn’t to say they shouldn’t, just that it seems to be Royal is making a little bit of money playing games with customers). I think we will skip their beverage packages from here on out, surely for our fall cruise.

Happy sailing - Lynn

I couldn’t agree more. Most probably have no idea of the price fluctuation and just make the purchase and never look back. If mine doesn’t drop to one of those 40 something prices I won’t even bother. I’m not playing the buy cancel and buy again game.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums