"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Hello everyone! I am very happy to once again post “LIVE” from Explorer of the Seas. I will be boarding tomorrow for a 6 Night Cruise to Bermuda. I think that this may be the only 6 night sailing this year, as there are several 5 NT, 7NT, and other 9NT (Bermuda -Caribbean) Cruises sailing this summer.

Those who have followed my “LIVE” reports with RCI, X, NCL will know that I plan to post daily reports of life on board the ship through my eyes. . .

There should be plenty of pics daily, as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection. We will be in Bermuda for 2 nights, so I am crossing my fingers for good weather for 3 days. The Royal Advantage upgrades are not scheduled until next year so there will be no pervasive Wi-Fi connection in my cabin. I will probably use the Connoisseur Club on Deck 5 or the 19TH Hole Sports Bar on Deck 14.

Explorer of the Seas will be the first Cruise Ship to dock at Kings Wharf this year. There have been a couple of port calls scheduled last month in Hamilton. Oceania Riviera was scheduled to dock at the Heritage Wharf pier (right next to us on Wednesday), but the Heritage Wharf pier is being worked on to get ready for the Inaugural Bermuda sailing of Norwegian Breakaway next month.

I feel bad for the passengers of Riviera that will have to tender in from the anchorage at Grassy Bay (just north of the Maritime Museum)

I haven't been to Bermuda on Explorer of the Seas since September 2010, and it will be nice to sail on such a beautiful ship to such a beautiful destination. That “LIVE” report can be viewed HERE.

I will begin my drive shortly up I-95 to my Hotel in Elizabeth, NJ for my pre cruise stay where I will be just a few miles from the Cape Liberty Cruise Pier in Bayonne, NJ. I know there will be a couple of choices for me to stop for a delicious cup of Starbucks before I get to the pier.

The check in process should begin around 10 AM on Sunday, and boarding should begin by around 11:30. We are scheduled for sail away by 4PM.

The forecast for tomorrow is 61F and sunny . . . I should be able to get a glimpse of Norwegian Jewel, as will be sailing from Manhattan tomorrow for a 7 NT sailing to the Bahamas.

I am really looking forward to sailing Explorer of the Seas again, and I am really looking forward to Bermuda. Sit back, and have a coffee. . .this should be lots of fun!

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Explorer of the Seas in Bermuda (May 2010)

MM23.JPG

Explorer of the Seas

WP9.JPG

Our Itinerary

I.jpg

I need a recharge !

RCISP4.JPG

Radio, as always thanks for all your fine work on these wonderful "LIVE" posts.

Take care of this fine ship as we'll be on her soon ourselves.

Fair winds and Following Seas my friends.

Radio,

It is always such a pleasure to read your "live" reports. You have such a gift. I only wish that sometime my husband and I get to buy you a drink if we are on the same cruise.

:D Yipee you're here Radio!! I'll be following you daily while drinking my morning coffee.

One comment concerning Starbucks on the Explorer. When we were on her sister ship the Adventure in February/March we couldnt purchase regular Starbucks only the fancy coffee drinks. That was totally frustrating considering the yucky free coffees on board. Of course we didnt use our buy one get one coupon either. I do remember being able to buy regular Starbucks on the Enchantment last year. :confused: I wondered why.

Mark - have a great trip. I will be eagerly following your live reports. I did the 7 day EX to Bermuda last Sep and it was wonderful to have 3 full days in port. Much much better than the Sep 2010 cruise with only 1 1/2 days.

I'm eagerly anticipating my TA from Harwich to Boston at the end of August - I just got a substantial price reduction by switching to a guarantee.

Bon Voyage!

Carol

Wahoo! Another "Live" Radio trip! Have a great trip Radio, looking forward to your reports. A week before I sail off on the Jewel of the Sea's too! Perfect timing! Look for my live report when you get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Bon voyage Mark! I'll be following along.

My daughter is recently off Explorers 9 night (I keep going through her pictures of Explorer!), so I'll be interested in what you have to say about the ship in comparison! We'll be on Celebrity Summit the end of May, also to Bermuda (yup, we keep going back). Is the new "Fun Golf" On your to-do list? I am also looking for a private tour guide/ van, if you see any vans with contact info on them, can you click a picture for me!?!? :)

Have fun overnighting here in the garden state! lol And wave as you pass by!

Bon Voyage!

Wow, I don't know how i'm going to keep up. We have your live review, and on the Celebrity boards we have Gambee doing a very detailed picture review on the Silhouette, and Bugsy starting a live review today as well on the the Reflection I think. Oh my oh my.....:D

Wow, I don't know how i'm going to keep up. We have your live review, and on the Celebrity boards we have Gambee doing a very detailed picture review on the Silhouette, and Bugsy starting a live review today as well on the the Reflection I think. Oh my oh my.....:D

Whoo - I didn't realise gambee was on the Silhouette yet. I was counting down the days until KansCocoa does her X review. gambee will keep me going until she does :)

Archived