Where are the caves located

Karenb810

Hi I have never been to Bermuda before we leave next Friday on the dawn. I want to see the caves is this something I can do on my own? I'd rather not do a tour that way we can spend as much or little time as we want. How do we get there? Is there an entrance fee? Is a beach close by? I just booked the cruise the other day so I don't have much time to research anything. Thanks for all the help and looking for any recommendations

You can definitely do this on your own. There are two options - Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves. We did Crystal Caves because it seemed that most reviews found this option to be better. We thought it was worth it - really pretty and something we had never seen befor. You can take the ferry to St. George and a taxi to the caves. They are open 9am-5pm. Admission is $22 adult, $10 child for one, or you can do a combination ticket and see both caves for $22. The caves are deep so there are a lot of steps down and then of course back up again at the end. They can be slippery when wet (they get wet from water dripping in the caves).

I don't think there is a beach within walking distance. We arranged with the taxi who drove us there to come back in an hour and he drove us to Tobacco Beach - this is a shallow beach with good snorkeling and very kid friendly. Another beautiful beach on that side of the island is St. Catherine's. To go back to the Dockyard to the ship you can take the ferry.

Please post when you get back what you did and how you did it.

We are scheduled on the Dawn Aug 10th and are hoping we can figure out how to do the public transportation and explore on our own.

I really don't like going with a group as we like to spend as much time in an area if we want to.

Hi I have never been to Bermuda before we leave next Friday on the dawn. I want to see the caves is this something I can do on my own? I'd rather not do a tour that way we can spend as much or little time as we want. How do we get there? Is there an entrance fee? Is a beach close by? I just booked the cruise the other day so I don't have much time to research anything. Thanks for all the help and looking for any recommendations

There are (at least) 2 ways to get to the caves from the Dockyard:

Take the ferry to Hamilton and walk to the bus terminal on Church St. Board a route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There is a taxi stand to the right of the ferry terminal on Front St.

OR

Take the ferry to St George's (weekends only) and walk to the bus stop on York St. Board an inbound route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There may be taxis waiting near the ferry dock otherwise walk to King's Square for one.

There is an entry fee to each cave: http://www.caves.bm/planningYourVisit.html

There is no public beach within walking distance but you can swim at nearby Tom Moore;s Jungle

SBtS

[/size][/font] Take the ferry to St George's (weekends only) and walk to the bus stop on York St. Board an inbound route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There may be taxis waiting near the ferry dock otherwise walk to King's Square for one.

Typo. You mean’t “weekdays only” for the taking the ferry to St. George’s option.

Edited by Charles4515