good trivia, games, and Karaoke for this solo traveler ????

Thoth

Hello, I'm a solo cruiser who has found that activities such as trivia and Karaoke are a great way to meet & mingle with others. I've cruised with Carnival, Princess and HAL, and been a social butterfly ...thus making many friends. It is my hope that a TA will offer plenty of opportunities to make friends. So does Cunard tend to attract many solos or is solo friendly ? :confused:

The Trivia is usually held in the Pub, which is a very convivial place to enjoy. I hope you have a good time on your voyage. I have encountered a number of very pleasant people traveling solo. Coffees in Sir Samuels seems to be a popular meeting place too.

On TAs usually on the first full day there is a meet and great for solo travellers, free glass of Pol Aker if I recall correctly and then they meet up every day at around 10 or 11. There is pub quizes and you can usually join other people, but the evening quizes can get a bit full, getting in early and having a table, could help you snag a partner. I think the sports facilities do some activities.

I've travelled TA in groups and on my own and I find that most people, even couples, do their own thing and meet up back together for lunch and meals, so most activities are designed around people coming to them on their own. Lunches and Breakfasts I find are always better when you sit with other people as a solo as you'll get to meet other people and on a few occasions its been an opportunity to form a group and do things together as a group.

I wouldn't worry about being bored though, or not meeting people, the people onboard in my experience have tended to be outgoing social people and happy to chat.

I was on QE in February and they had trivia quizzes morning, noon and night. It was always easy to attach to a group as a solo traveler and then going forward I found myself always competing with the same people ... and hence making friends.

Enjoy your cruise!