Neptune Question

cabinluvn

The materials I received indicate that complementary champagne is available in the lounge at embarkation but i didn't know that we get a bottle in our suite. Is there a more updated list of Neptune amenities than the one I have?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The materials I received indicate that complementary champagne is available in the lounge at embarkation but i didn't know that we get a bottle in our suite. Is there a more updated list of Neptune amenities than the one I have?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The one and only other time we were in a Neptune there was one waiting for us when we got to the room. I have seen posts on here stating that you can take that bottle of bubbly to the Neptune Lounge and request an upgrade to a better bottle. Planning on doing that this time. Just wondering if we will get a second bottle for the second leg of the journey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Neptune Suites we have always gotten a bottle of sparkling wine -- it has been down graded over the years.

Most ships allowed us to pay the difference for a better bottle of wine. A couple did not. All you can do is ask.

Same thing with Collector Cruises. On the second segment, sometimes we got a second bottle and sometimes we didn't. Different ships -- different rules.

A lot depends on the Hotel Manager and what he wants to do.

In the Neptune Suites we have always gotten a bottle of sparkling wine -- it has been down graded over the years.

Most ships allowed us to pay the difference for a better bottle of wine. A couple did not. All you can do is ask.

Same thing with Collector Cruises. On the second segment, sometimes we got a second bottle and sometimes we didn't. Different ships -- different rules.

A lot depends on the Hotel Manager and what he wants to do.

Thanks...won’t count on that second bottle!

Last year we were on the Zuiderdam for 40 days (made up of 3 cruises). At the beginning of each cruise we received a bottle of Sparkling wine as well as two 1.5l bottles of water. Our friends were also on the same cruise and also received the same amenities. We collectively had 6 bottles of wine and worked a deal with the Beverage Manager to exchange 2 bottles for a nice bottle of Muscato. :D

Last year we were on the Zuiderdam for 40 days (made up of 3 cruises). At the beginning of each cruise we received a bottle of Sparkling wine as well as two 1.5l bottles of water. Our friends were also on the same cruise and also received the same amenities. We collectively had 6 bottles of wine and worked a deal with the Beverage Manager to exchange 2 bottles for a nice bottle of Muscato. :D

Thank you...will hope we get the same!

Sounds like you could ask for one. Or tell the concierge since you will be expecting one at the start of the next segment, will they please provide an ice bucket on that day so you can celebrate the start of another wonderful segment in your lovely Neptune suite.

It doesn't hurt to ask. On other cruises we have been able to exchange one bottle for a nice white wine. Just ask your wine steward.

Our cruise will be a total of 21 days. We are trying to figure out the best way to have our wine with dinner. Not lucky enough to get the beverage package(yet...still plenty of time). In the past we have purchased wine packages, but that won’t be enough to have wine with dinner every night. We also have gone to happy hour, each get two glasses of wine and take them into the dining room. I really don’t like doing that, but it saves money when they charge so much for a good bottle of wine. We plan on each bringing in our allotted bottle when we embark, but that won’t take us far and that is for sipping on the veranda. I know we won’t be able to bring in more wine without charging, even on the second leg of the cruise. Considering bringing some good bottles and just paying the corkage fee. I read here that the Neptune will have self serve wine by the glass on the honor system. Wondering if that is only for drinking in the lounge. Can that be taken into the dining room or in the room? If so, we will take our two allotted bottles to the MDR and pay corkage

Our cruise will be a total of 21 days. We are trying to figure out the best way to have our wine with dinner. Not lucky enough to get the beverage package(yet...still plenty of time). In the past we have purchased wine packages, but that won’t be enough to have wine with dinner every night. We also have gone to happy hour, each get two glasses of wine and take them into the dining room. I really don’t like doing that, but it saves money when they charge so much for a good bottle of wine. We plan on each bringing in our allotted bottle when we embark, but that won’t take us far and that is for sipping on the veranda. I know we won’t be able to bring in more wine without charging, even on the second leg of the cruise. Considering bringing some good bottles and just paying the corkage fee. I read here that the Neptune will have self serve wine by the glass on the honor system. Wondering if that is only for drinking in the lounge. Can that be taken into the dining room or in the room? If so, we will take our two allotted bottles to the MDR and pay corkage

The honour bar in the Neptune Lounge is at regular prices. Not happy hour prices. You do get charged for it.

You are free to take the glass with you to your room, so I suspect you could also take it to the dining room (you can take a glass of purchased wine anywhere on the ship) but you are better off with the happy hour deal unles the NL has made a change I am unaware of.

As to your wine question.There are glasses of sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation day. Originally, I believe the intention was to replace the bottle of wine in the Neptune Suites. One cruise years ago, it did. But, since then, the bottles have been in our room. We've done several Collectors' cruises and the bottle was there again for the second segment.

Hope this helps :)

. . . worked a deal with the Beverage Manager to exchange 2 bottles for a nice bottle of Muscato. :D

Should we save the wine from the first cruise, and trade them in for one bottle of Moscato on the second?

Do we get a free bottle for a short 4-day cruise?

Should we save the wine from the first cruise, and trade them in for one bottle of Moscato on the second?

We had a very good rapport with the Beverage Manager when we made that deal. I would suggest you talk to the Concierge or your wine steward and see what they will do to exchange the sparking wine for something you may like.

Can't answer the 4 day cruise question.

4 day cruise? Repositioning? Based on our experience where we had two repositionings attached, I'm going to say no.

We didn't get a bottle on either of those.

They were so short and so hectic for the crew that I did not consider them in B2B list.

4 day cruise? Repositioning? Based on our experience where we had two repositionings attached, I'm going to say no.

We didn't get a bottle on either of those.

They were so short and so hectic for the crew that I did not consider them in B2B list.

We got one last Fall on a 5 day repositioning and have gotten them prior to that. Only once did we not get one.

Whether or not you get a second bottle of bubbles on the second leg of a back to back may well be decided on whether it it is two cruises you have booked or just one. Agree it won't hurt to ask, the concierge is very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got one last Fall on a 5 day repositioning and have gotten them prior to that. Only once did we not get one.

Whether or not you get a second bottle of bubbles on the second leg of a back to back may well be decided on whether it it is two cruises you have booked or just one. Agree it won't hurt to ask, the concierge is very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like this is a case of YMMV ;) as you can see by Dave's post above regarding his repositioning cruise.

For our regular B2B's it didn't seem to matter if it was two cruises booked or one.

Our cruises were collectors (one booking #) and we received the 2nd bottle on the turnaround date. (B2B sailing day).

Looks like this is a case of YMMV ;) as you can see by Dave's post above regarding his repositioning cruise.
Okay, but earlier I asked if anyone had anything about this published by the cruise line more recent than what I have (which I've now included below)... I take it that the answer is 'no' - that this is what we can expect, and everything else is a bonus on top:

• NEPTUNE SUITE AMENITIES

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
    • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
    • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
    • New binoculars for use during voyage
    • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
    • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
    • A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
    • Teak-lined private verandah
    • Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
    • Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
    • Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
    • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
    • Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
    • Umbrellas for your use on the cruise
    • Cocktail party with ship's officers
    • Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
    • Special disembarkation service
    • Priority dining and seating requests
    • Exclusive daily breakfast service
    • High tea service in suite on request
    • A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
    • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
    • Personalized cruise stationery
    • One-touch telephone concierge service
    • Fresh flowers

• SIGNATURE TOUCHES IN EVERY STATEROOM

• Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens
    • Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate
    • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
    • Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers
    • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
    • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
    • Complimentary DVD library
    • Generous storage
    • Safes for your valuables
    • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
    • Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining
    • Nightly turndown service
    • Complimentary shoeshine service
    • Complimentary ice service

On our last couple of cruises, there was no cocktail party with ship officers.

Again, this is up to the captain and hotel director if they want to have one.

On one cruise there was a cocktail party where only 20 of us were invited and a couple of officers greeted us at the door and then disappeared. Party was about 45 minutes long.

Okay, but earlier I asked if anyone had anything about this published by the cruise line more recent than what I have (which I've now included below)... I take it that the answer is 'no' - that this is what we can expect, and everything else is a bonus on top:

What you have appears to be the latest web info. Kazu is right. As with so many things on HAL, YMMV. Maybe that should be their slogan instead of Savor the Journey.

I think the sparkling wine in the lounge was meant to replace the reception in the lounge on embarkation evening. It seems to me that the embarkation fizz appeared around the time the invitations to the reception disappeared. The fact that the bottle of sparkling wine in the suite isn't listed on the website could just be HAL not making the website match what happens on the ship.

The fizz isn't all that great (although it's better than what they used to give), so not worth a lot of worry one way or the other.

Like KK we did a very large number of b-to-b's in Neptune suites and always received a second bottle of wine on the second segment of our time aboard.

Kathy,

. What a perfect idea you presented above... Forget about savor the journey,, "YMMV"........ That COULD catch on. :) Perfect :)

Guess I am not up on my abbreviations...what is YMMV?