QM2 enroute to NYC

mtohio

Hi All.

This message comes directly from the QM2 enroute from St. Thomas to NYC ! Trip has been absolutely marvelous -- but will post more about that upon return.

Any questions you need researced, just shoot a message, and I will do my best to respond while on board.

A bit of interesting happenings today. Seems that the QM2 was not cleared for arrival in St. Thomas this morning. For some reason, the manifests that were sent 2 days ago [prior to arrival] were never received by the proper authorities. First tender was "supposed" to be at 8AM --- but it was delayed until 10:50AM, as it took much time to sort out the situation. [my wife and I didn't get off until 1PM]

Also, this evening a passenger was missing at approximately 8:30PM, and it was announced that we were heading back towards St. Thomas and that all staff was to begin a search. Assumption was that we had a man overboard situtation. As of 1/2 hour ago, it was "RUMORED" that a suicide note was found --- this has NOT been confirmed, I am sure we will hear more in the AM. Not sure how much this will set back the Saturday arrival in NYC, but it certainly has been a very interesting day.

Archived