!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:17 PM.
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by dwpolicelli
The pizza was incredible! I couldn't believe it was that good and was available almost 20 hours a day. We also got a pizza in La Cantina di bacco. It was a step above for a reasonable up charge.

Send from Danny
We did not try the La Cantina di bacco, but heard great things about it.

Thanks for joining!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruise Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by jerseygirl777
Hi Gambee, Have been waiting for your review & here it is today! You & Chris both do the best ones. I'll feel like I am cruising on the Divina & looking forward to your family fun with relatives- Linda
Hello there Linda, thank you very much for the compliment. I hope this review is as much fun for you, as the cruise was for us
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
here and there
518 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Following too! Thanks Gambee. looking forward to more.
I have been silently following your reviews. They are wonderful. Sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing. Hope this cruise was soothing for you and your family.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Pearl~5-17-2015 Amazing Alaska!
NCL Dawn~5-17-2013~Bermuda~ 30th Wedding Anniversary
NCL Jewel~4-14-2012~ ~Bahamas our 1st Cruise
Virginia
4,198 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Subscribing and looking forward to more!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joan

Carnival Vista, Southern Caribbean, December 2017; Anthem of the Seas, Southern Caribbean, March-April 2016; Oasis of the Seas, Western Caribbean, August 2015; Quantum of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2014; Independence of the Seas, April 2014; Explorer of the Seas, December 2012; Oasis of the Seas, Western and Eastern Caribbean, March 2012; Allure of the Seas, Eastern and Western Caribbean, March 2011; Ruby Princess, Eastern Caribbean, March 2010; Mariner of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, April 2009; Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal, March 2008; Crown Princess, Southern Caribbean, April 2007; Sapphire Princess, Alaska, May 2006; Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean, April 2005; HAL Zuiderdam, Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by NewEnglandNANA
Following too! Thanks Gambee. looking forward to more.
I have been silently following your reviews. They are wonderful. Sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing. Hope this cruise was soothing for you and your family.
Thank you for your kind thoughts, they are very much appreciated. Hard times as such, merit so time off from everything. Divina did that for us
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
minneapolis,mn usa
29,789 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Fllowing along as well love your reviews I remember your Breeze review got me excited for my cruise on it and it was everything you said it was
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED SOX NATION
Sea Princess 10/99, S/S NORWAY 2/00, NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 10/00, NORWEGIAN WIND 03/01, CARNIVAL TRIUMPH 11/01, S/S NORWAY 3/02, CARNIVAL SPIRIT 01/03, BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS 03/03 AND 01/04, CELEBRITY SUMMIT 03/04, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 03/05, EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 10/05, CARNIVAL LIBERTY 02/06 , MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 10/06 , FREEDOM OF THE SEAS 11/06,CARNIVAL MIRACLE 2/07, VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 11/07, CARNIVAL MIRACLE 02/08 EMERALD PRINCESS 04/08, CARNIVAL PRIDE 11/08, CARNIVAL LIBERTY 01/09, DIAMOND PRINCESS 08/09,CARNIVAL DREAM 02/10 B2B, Celebrity Century 4/10, Celebrity Century 12/10,RADIANCE OF THE SEAS 1/31/11, DISNEY DREAM 10/23/11, RUBY PRINCESS 1/29/12, CELEBRITY CENTURY 5/5/12, Celebrity Reflection 12/05/12, Caribbean Princess 12/08/12, Golden Princess 9/22/13, Island Princess 9/23/13, Carnival Breeze 11/3/13, Royal Princess 11/10/13, Celebrity Constellation 2/3/14, Celebrity Century 2/15/14,Celebrity Century 4/26/14, Carnival Splendor 11/1/14, Legend of the seas 3/20/15, Regal Princess 10/24/2015, Celebrity Eclipse 1/5/2016, Celebrity Solstice 04/26/2016, Celebrity Reflection 08/28/2016, Royal Princess 10/22/2016, Celebrity Eclipse 01/02/2017, Carnival Vista 01/082016, Harmony of the Seas 4/22/2017, Celebrity Silhouette 1/27/2018

MY PIRATE NAME:
HACKIN BRODY COOKE

MY GANGSTA NAME:
Fried Green Train Jumpa

VAMPIRE NAME:
Sauve Eddie Bloodworth

Disney Fantasy April 21st 2018 Party with Mickey
Norweign Bliss Sept 30th 2018
Celebrity Infinity Oct 24th 2018

[email protected]
347 DAYS AT SEA WITH MANY MORE BOOKED
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012

Just look at the SIZE!!!

Their balcony was really nice and long!

My room was also very nice. The only bad thing about it is that it was right next to a wall. So I basically had no aft view since the wall blocking everything. If I had the option to select a room, I would never book this room, what is the purpose of booking a balcony if half the view is blocked by a wall. Remember, we had balcony guarantee reservations.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSP, MN
71 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Yes!!! I am so glad your review has started. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, what a great way to reconnect with your family after a rough few months.

I agree, cruising with first time cruisers is THE BEST!

Keep up the great work, Gambee. Thank you for all your time and effort.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I'd rather be cruising!

March 2016 - Carnival Dream - From New Orleans - Roatan, Belize, Cozumel
February 2014 - Carnival Valor - From San Juan - St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten
January 2013 - Carnival Dream - From Cape Canaveral - Cozumel, Belize, Nassau (instead of Roatan and Costa Maya )
June 2010 - Egyptian Nile Cruise - Luxor, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, overnight train from Aswan to Cairo, 4 days in Cairo after the cruise
December 2008 - Carnival Triumph - From Miami - Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
January 2008 - Carnival Victory - From Miami - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
March 1999 - American Hawaii S.S. Independence - From Honolulu - Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Hawaii
December 1998 - Carnival Tropicale - From San Juan - Panama Canal, St. Barth, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Aruba, Cartagena
March 1996 - Carnival Celebration -From Miami (Maybe?! I was 10)- Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by TOMMYCRUISER
Fllowing along as well love your reviews I remember your Breeze review got me excited for my cruise on it and it was everything you said it was
I am so very glad that the Breeze review got you pumped, that is precisely what I try to accomplish with them.

Thank you for joining in
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3,609 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by gambee

Ok, so let's talk buffet food. I will just try to be as honest as possible. I found out it to be ok. A lot of reviewers say it's fantastic. Others say that it is inedible. I thought it was to be just about average. Definitely a much larger selection than I find at home , but not up to par with all the other cruise lines that I have sailed on. The main problem that I found was the absence of variety, especially for breakfast. They have about 5 stations with the same eggs and bacon. There was also never eggs Benedict and smoked salmon, you could only get it in the main dinning room.

The taste of the food was good on some items, while others not so much. Personally, I did not care for the burgers at all, the meat-tasted kind of funny and they just seemed like they sat on the heater for too long. Needless to state that the only burger that I tried was that one, and one on Great Stirrup Cay.

The pizza is absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!! The problem is that one cannot live on pizza for 7 days, especially when you have a lactose intolerance problem like myself.

The pasta was good for the most part, but I think I can pull off a better fettuccine Alfredo than the one they have aboard.

The meats are good, tasty and tender, just wish there were more of them.

Fish is rather limited and a lot of the days, and finding tilapia and swai fish is very common. A few times they had mahi mahi and other options. By the way the swai fish smelled horrible, I got a picture of it. No one touched the tray. I think there was one piece missing. Everyone avoided, personally I would not have put that fish out there.

Seafood… Good Luck… Rare sightings, I found calamity once, and like I said popcorn shrimp in the kid’s section.

All that said, you just have to come back and realize how much I paid for the cruise. It was good food, you cannot board a ship of this price and expect the food that I have received in say Disney or Celebrity. The main problem here is that the ship is absolutely gorgeous, it is one of the nicest ships that I have sailed on. So when you have such an amazing ship, with this type of food, it has a tendency to throw you off guard. Well, at least that is what I think. Because the food was somewhat comparable to my NCL Sky food, but for the Sky it was decent food. MSC Divina is in an odd bracket. I will try to talk more about this. They are trying to please too many people from different cultures and ethnicities and that in itself is almost an impossible thing to do. Like I said I will approach this later on.

Oh, by the way the president of MSC USA was aboard our sailing. I never saw him, not a knew what he looked like on the first place.

Here is my food. Everything was enjoyable, but the burger, I took 1/2 a bite and that was it.

We sat and ate our lunch, my uncle and aunt also got more food. Their personal opinion was that everything was phenomenal. I am simply sharing this detail. Mom knew me better, she asked me how everything was, but she already knew how I was about to answer.

That terminal reminds me of the Airport in Denver, very neat!

Gambee- Nice review so far..remember that food is VERY subjective...what you like, others don't and visa versa..I toured the Divina in March and ate at the buffet...I thought the burgers were pretty good, albeit a bit dry..and in 29 cruises so far, I have found Eggs Benedict ( my fav) ONLY in the breakfast buffet on the Disney Dream, which IMO, had the best buffet I've ever had...I love lamb curry and thought it was very good also..point is everybody ( like your family) has different tastes regarding food...the Divina is best known for their shows & entertainment , as well as great pricing...I LOVED the Odyssey Lounge, Black & White lounge & indoor pool...3D theater was cool, too...also, Jennifer from Cruise Critic went on the Divina and said the steak in the Eately was THEE best steak she's ever had- anywhere including on land...big statement..her review is on the MSC site.....con ganas de mas de su opinion...

Big Al
Coconut Creek, FL
146 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by gambee

That blonde haired lady is NOT amused hahah.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming cruises:
Norwegian Getaway - November 15, 2014 (Honeymoon Cruise!)

Past cruises:
Carnival Imagination - August 1997
NCL Sky - November 2009
Liberty of the Seas - January 2012
Disney Dream - August 15, 2013
Allure of the Seas - November 3, 2013
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by SwellBee
Yes!!! I am so glad your review has started. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, what a great way to reconnect with your family after a rough few months.

I agree, cruising with first time cruisers is THE BEST!

Keep up the great work, Gambee. Thank you for all your time and effort.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your kind words

My uncle certainly gave us lots of laughs!

I am very happy having you here, hope you love the review
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
South Florida
9,679 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by big al
Gambee- Nice review so far..remember that food is VERY subjective...what you like, others don't and visa versa..I toured the Divina in March and ate at the buffet...I thought the burgers were pretty good, albeit a bit dry..and in 29 cruises so far, I have found Eggs Benedict ( my fav) ONLY in the breakfast buffet on the Disney Dream, which IMO, had the best buffet I've ever had...I love lamb curry and thought it was very good also..point is everybody ( like your family) has different tastes regarding food...the Divina is best known for their shows & entertainment , as well as great pricing...I LOVED the Odyssey Lounge, Black & White lounge & indoor pool...3D theater was cool, too...also, Jennifer from Cruise Critic went on the Divina and said the steak in the Eately was THEE best steak she's ever had- anywhere including on land...big statement..her review is on the MSC site.....con ganas de mas de su opinion...

Big Al

Hello Big Al, like I said, I offer nothing more than my opinion, and like you said everything is subjective. I am simply stating my experience. There is much more to come, on shows, entertainment, etc.

I know many will express their opinion, and I know many will not like what I have to say about certain things. But then again it is nothing more that my honest opinion. I hope everyone understands that.

Thank you for joining in.

---edit----

I have found eggs benedict on the buffet on most of my cruises. I think the Sky was the only that did not have them... Oh wait, maybe the Allure as well. But X, Breakaway, Disney and even the Breeze had them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature