$89/ 18 drink coupons are back!

scottygirl

I just called MSC and purchased the 18 drink coupons for $89. They do not show up online but they are available for purchase at least for my Mar 3, 2018 sailing on the Seaside. :D:cool:

538ADHOC - 18 DRINKS OF YOUR CHOICE THAT YOU CAN CONSUME IN BARS ANDRESTAURANTS. INCLUDED DRINKS: CALL-BRAND SPIRITS, LIQUEURS, COCKTAILS WITH THEPRICE UP TO 8$, WINES BY THE GLASS WITH THE PRICE UP TO 7.5$, DRAUGHT BEER, BOTTLEDAND CANNED BEER WITH THE PRICE UP TO 5$, ENERGY DRINKS AND COOLERS, CANNEDSODAS, FRUIT JUICES, PREMIUM MINERAL WATER, COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE BASED DRINKS,TAKEAWAY ICE CREAM IN A CONE OR CUP.Notes: Please note that all your pre-paid beverage vouchers will be delivered to your cabin.

Edited by scottygirl

BOTTLED AND CANNED BEER WITH THE PRICE UP TO 5$ - I think the cheapest beer is $5.25 if i remember the photos of the bar menus correctly? Does that mean the coupons wouldn't work? or would you just pay the difference?

did you get the package through a travel agent or did you call yourself as I was just told not available when I called? Mixed signals again from the staff!

I called MSC directly, didn't use a TA. Might not be available on all sailings?

BOTTLED AND CANNED BEER WITH THE PRICE UP TO 5$ - I think the cheapest beer is $5.25 if i remember the photos of the bar menus correctly? Does that mean the coupons wouldn't work? or would you just pay the difference?

I noticed that too but my guess is that is supposed to be $5.50 which is the same as what the classic plan covers. I copied the description above directly from my confirmation and as you can see there are several typos, not mine!

I called MSC today to buy the 18 drink-voucher to my Splendida Cruise on 3/10/2018 from Dubai.

The Agent says that these drink-vouchers are canceled last year and there is no possibillity to book on any ship.

What´s the truth? Should I try to call again?

I called MSC today to buy the 18 drink-voucher to my Splendida Cruise on 3/10/2018 from Dubai.

The Agent says that these drink-vouchers are canceled last year and there is no possibillity to book on any ship.

What´s the truth? Should I try to call again?

Maybe U.S. homeport sailings only?

Just got off the phone...they said they discontinued that promo awhile ago ($89 for 18 drinks) he then went on to ask me for my booking number...after a few minutes he said they were in fact available for my sailing (Mar 10/18)...needless to say I purchased two :) plus to 12 from the fantastica package...we should be set for the week

sweet! We're on the same so should be no issue adding these. We have the 12 Fantastica too...definitely should be set. :)

just got off the phone...they said they discontinued that promo awhile ago ($89 for 18 drinks) he then went on to ask me for my booking number...after a few minutes he said they were in fact available for my sailing (mar 10/18)...needless to say i purchased two :) plus to 12 from the fantastica package...we should be set for the week

Thanks so much for pointing this out! I just called and added the 18 drink vouchers to our seaside sailing departing this Saturday 2/10. At first the agent said they no longer offer them.... I asked if she would mind pulling up my reservation and checking as I heard that someone was abe to purchase them today for an upcoming seaside cruise. She was surprised to see they were available and thanked me for informing her ;)

Ben

Called back. Different agent this time. Got them for the adults for March 10th Seaside cruise so pretty happy. Seems kid vouchers are also presently listed at $89 so hope they will come back at the lower price in a few days. Has anyone been able to get kid coupons at the reduced rate of $49 like they used to be offered?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 12 Fantastica voucher includes tipping right? So would these 18 be the same? Not trying to sound cheap but just trying to calculate if it's worth while if you're a $5/beer person....

It still works out to $4.94 per drink so you are still ahead. I thought I read somewhere that when you use the vouchers there is no 15% service charge, only drinks purchased on board. I will bring some singles for tipping.

I just called MSC and purchased the 18 drink coupons for $89. They do not show up online but they are available for purchase at least for my Mar 3, 2018 sailing on the Seaside. :D:cool:

538ADHOC - 18 DRINKS OF YOUR CHOICE THAT YOU CAN CONSUME IN BARS ANDRESTAURANTS. INCLUDED DRINKS: CALL-BRAND SPIRITS, LIQUEURS, COCKTAILS WITH THEPRICE UP TO 8$, WINES BY THE GLASS WITH THE PRICE UP TO 7.5$, DRAUGHT BEER, BOTTLEDAND CANNED BEER WITH THE PRICE UP TO 5$, ENERGY DRINKS AND COOLERS, CANNEDSODAS, FRUIT JUICES, PREMIUM MINERAL WATER, COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE BASED DRINKS,TAKEAWAY ICE CREAM IN A CONE OR CUP.Notes: Please note that all your pre-paid beverage vouchers will be delivered to your cabin.

omg hard to get truthful answers . everyone gets a different response . i wonder if you can get them on board on the march 24 th cruise

I just called, hoping we could purchase vouchers for our Feb 25 Divina cruise - no go! The rep said that they had received an email this afternoon confirming the program had been discontinued and was not available. :(

That adhoc code was added for one special group only. This group had them promised to them so thy added back for two sailings within the group only. Supposed to be taken down when they were finished and they are finished. If you were lucky enough to get them I'm sure they will be honored, but yes the program was discontinued.