$99 Photo Package ??

Cruisergal1208

Can someone that's recently used this package please tell me how it works on board? Do you have a specific photographer? Do they take pictures of you during various activities? Is only the special posed photos with special backdrops? We want to make sure we get the most from it. Thanks for your information.

The photographers and locations pictures are taken are no different than the other lines. You do not have a specific photographer....backdrops and photographers are available in the common areas each evening.... photographer will come in MDR once or twice during the cruise....There may be a photo opportunity as you exit Dining Room with a themed character.... As you exit ship at each port you will have a photo opportunity... occasionally you may see a photographer on pool deck....etc

You likely will get no where near 100 photo's unless you get numerous pictures taken each evening during your cruise. However with pictures being $24.99 each...its still a great deal even if you only choose 10 pictures,

I signed up for the VIP photo card package for my Seaside cruise in September.

From what I’ve read from others who have used this the key is to go to the photo center when you first board and ask for your VIP photo card and also ask to have it linked to your room card. Whenever you have a photo taken have the photographer scan your VIP photo card or the room card that is linked to it.

Also periodically it is recommended that you check on the photo kiosks to make sure that the photos are being uploaded to your VIP photo card account. You may have to ask the photo department for some to be moved over as it appears that they are occasionally omitted. I wouldn’t wait until the last day to do this because it usually gets crazy in the photo department.

Before you disembark you can ask to have the photos transferred to a mobile device. I understand that this means a cell phone or tablet and not a USB thumb drive.

I got the VIP photo card. We went the first day to pick up the card and link it to room card. I tried to give the photographers the VIP photo card but they all refused it and would only take the room card. Throughout the week I checked the photo kiosks and the photos were on both the VIP photo card and room key. However when we returned they did not show up the photo website. About half appeared 5 days later and the others appeared after I emailed about it. The only picture we never received was the one on the pier in Antigua

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the VIP photo card. We went the first day to pick up the card and link it to room card. I tried to give the photographers the VIP photo card but they all refused it and would only take the room card. Throughout the week I checked the photo kiosks and the photos were on both the VIP photo card and room key. However when we returned they did not show up the photo website. About half appeared 5 days later and the others appeared after I emailed about it. The only picture we never received was the one on the pier in Antigua

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the report!

I heard that they would transfer them to your mobile device before the end of the cruise. Did they offer this service for you?

• 1 month later...

Hi folks. I've seen recent threads where people havs complained about the low resolution of the digital photos. This has made me have second thoughts on whether to get the package.

For those who have had it - your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I just got off the Seaside, and I was very disappointed with the photo opportunities. We got an embarkation photo, and there was a photo opportunity in Cozumel and Ocho Rios, but that was it. There was no photo op at the Grand Caymans or Bahamas. We also never saw the "random" photo ops, even though my kids were in the kids club and as a family of 5, we were all over the ship at all times of the day. In the evenings, there were plenty of staged photos available with backdrops, but none of those were Caribbean or vacation themed, just the sort of backdrops you'd find at Department store photo booths. We got the unlimited digital package for $99, and I don't feel like I got my money's worth at all.