Pacific Star and new Terminal on TV LIVE

Kiwi Kruzer

Australian Channel 9 has Steve,the weatherman,broadcasting live beside the Pacific Star at the new Brisbane Terminal this morning.

There are some great shots being broadcast.

From the level he is on ,he can almost lean over and talk to passengers on board.He is going to chat to passengers soon ,so lets hope we get some positive feedback and that he does not dwell on the recent problems.

It is on live , as I post .

Australian Channel 9 has Steve,the weatherman,broadcasting live beside the Pacific Star at the new Brisbane Terminal this morning.

There are some great shots being broadcast.

From the level he is on ,he can almost lean over and talk to passengers on board.He is going to chat to passengers soon ,so lets hope we get some positive feedback and that he does not dwell on the recent problems.

It is on live , as I post .

Hmm, positve feedback was short lived. Channel 7 news tonight showed lots of angry passengers queing to board "Pacific Sky" (as the ship was called on three seperate occasions during the report) for up to 4 hours to get onto the ship. Major problems with loading & unloading luggage because the tide was out and the doors they load the luggage into/out of were lower than the wharf.

It's nearly 7pm and Star is still sitting at the wharf, departure was scheduled for 2pm.

Kym

hmmm.... it would seem to me that channel 7 has some vendetta against P&O. They might know that reporting the Star as the Sky would generate more contempt for the comapny care of the "facts" that they have been telling the public through today tonight.

the channel nine report just focused more on the queues and the luggage and made no attempt to slander P&O. I also guessed that the tide was playing a part in the luggage problems.

at least the kinks should be ironed out by december :)

• 1 month later...

Iwas on that cruise(doing 2 back to back)and observed some of the loading.The new wharf buffers between ship & wharf are about 2 metres wide resulting in a gap of over 2 metres from where forklifts haveto cross into ships hold.I think they will have designed special ramps in the meantime tocover this gap &speed up loading.I saw some musician,s equipment fall into river while forkie tried to load a pallet into hold Thank goodness it wasn,t some passengers luggage!!!Phew

Bayview5

Archived