AMA Scores Big in New Berlitz Rankings

caviargal

Happy to read this morning that my preferred line scored so well again this year!

"

AMAWATERWAYS SHIPS TAKE TOP TEN SPOTS IN SECONDANNUAL

BERLITZ: RIVER CRUISING IN EUROPE TRAVEL GUIDE

CALABASAS, CA – (May 4, 2016) – AmaWaterways today announced that its ships have taken the top ten spots in the second annual edition of the Berlitz: River Cruising In Europe travel guide.

Written by Douglas Ward, cruising expert and author of the popular Berlitz: Cruising and Cruise Ships, this year’s river cruising edition evaluated 310 river vessels. AmaWaterways’ ships outranked the competition in the categories of accommodations, facilities, cuisine, hospitality and miscellaneous.

“On behalf of the entire AmaWaterways team, I must say that we are truly humbled to once again be recognized as a pioneer in river cruising, with top billing yet again by Douglas Ward,” said Kristin Karst, Executive Vice President and Co-owner of AmaWaterways. “It has been an exciting year for AmaWaterways thus far and these incredible accolades underscore our focus on innovation, and our mission to deliver award-winning service and cuisine aboard the most advanced ships in Europe today.”

In the guide, which will be released in the U.S. in June, Ward praised AmaWaterways for its innovation, stating, “AmaWaterways has helped to redefine European river cruising. The company fully owns, operates and markets its own river ships, all of which are new-builds.” Ward also goes into detail saying, “AmaWaterways spends considerably more on high-quality food ingredients and wine and on hotel crew service training than any other river cruise company.”

In addition to earning the top ten spots overall, AmaWaterways’ European fleet secured two additional spots in the top fifteen. Receiving the highest possible accolades in the book were AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena (pictured above), AmaSonata, AmaVida, AmaVerde, AmaVenita, AmaCerto, AmaBella, AmaLyra, AmaDante, AmaDolce and AmaCello. AmaStella and AmaViola, AmaWaterways’ newest European vessels, joined the fleet this year and have not yet been included in the Berlitz reviews."

Edited by caviargal

I'll find out for myself very soon. Received our documents for our Melodies of the Danube cruise yesterday! I do notice the attention to details, it was sent UPS and not USPS. I'm going to read through the daily tours booklet now. Excited to learn about the quality of the food. I don't mind paying more if the quality reflects the extra cost

I'll find out for myself very soon. Received our documents for our Melodies of the Danube cruise yesterday! I do notice the attention to details, it was sent UPS and not USPS. I'm going to read through the daily tours booklet now. Excited to learn about the quality of the food. I don't mind paying more if the quality reflects the extra cost

I hope you love it as much as I did (do):D......and aren't those

documents very high class? Really well done!:)

We just returned from our wonderful AMA Waterways Douro cruise. AMA bent over backwards to make our "river cruise to nowhere" because of heavy flooding and inability to get through the locks, a fabulous experience under some stressful conditions AMA had to contend with.

Very well deserved, AMA! We are planning to return in 2019!

Edited by nyfeds

Congratulations Ama We just returned from our 3 rd Ama rivercruise Did the Rhone last august on Amadagio then in October Amalotus from Siem Reap to Saigon Last week our 3rd on Amaviola from Amsterdam to Amsterdam tulip/windmill cruise All 3 have been fabulous. Great food service and great excursions The Amaviola was brandnew(3rd cruise)and absolute gorgeousThe crew cannot do enough for you We are booked in July for 2 back to back cruises in France one on the Rhone and one on the Seine Will stay with Ama why change if it isgreat?

Leaving Monday for our forth AMA river cruise.

This one is Barcelona (3 nights), Rhone river, Paris(three nights)

Sounds like AmaDagio. She is a special lady.

We loved the itinerary and staff and crew were fabulous! Have a wonderful cruise!

Sounds like AmaDagio. She is a special lady.

We loved the itinerary and staff and crew were fabulous! Have a wonderful cruise!

She is leaving the end of the year 10 years old They are getting 2 new ships. The Captain on the Amaviola last month told us that so is the Amalegro leaving the end of year Both great ships have a great cruise

She is leaving the end of the year 10 years old They are getting 2 new ships. The Captain on the Amaviola last month told us that so is the Amalegro leaving the end of year Both great ships have a great cruise

Yes, I heard that. I am sure some other company will purchase them as they are lovely boats.

Congratulations to Amawaterways.

The Ama ships look lovely from a distance, the two "old" ships I am sure will find buyers soon, if they have not done already...

German companies have bought/taken over such ships in the past and and with a bit of a revamp I am sure many passengers will enjoy them in the future. 10 years is not really that old, the MS Alemannia is now 45 years old and still sailing along. :)

notamermaid