Jalousie Beach

amitje

What is the best/cheapest way to get to Jalousie beach?

We are not interested in a tour, nor lunch/beverage included packages.

Just beachtime and being able to return to the ship whenever we want..

There's no cheap way there. It's 90 minutes from the port. Taxi is $90-100 one way..

Beach is free, as all beaches are public. If you want to use the shuttles provided by Sugar Beach from the parking lot, where the taxi will have to drop you, down to the beach and back, you'll usually need to at least buy a drink at the beach bar. There are some free loungers off to the far right when facing the ocean. Restrooms available there also.

Leave plenty of time for your return. There's only one road, and it can be quite busy when there's ships in port.

What is the best/cheapest way to get to Jalousie beach?

We are not interested in a tour, nor lunch/beverage included packages.

Just beachtime and being able to return to the ship whenever we want..

Try Spencer Ambrose, motor boat to the beach.:) He does a snorkeling trip that includes Jalousie and one other place.

Try Spencer Ambrose, motor boat to the beach.:) He does a snorkeling trip that includes Jalousie and one other place.

Somehow, even though you quoted it directly, you missed the part where they don't want a tour, lunch and beverages, etc.. Rather, explicitly asked how to go in their own and be able to return whenever they want...

Spencer offers s couple options, including the excellent Beach Break, which is easiest and fastest - but it's a tour, which the OP very clearly stated they were not interested in... Hence not bothering to mention it...

Somehow, even though you quoted it directly, you missed the part where they don't want a tour, lunch and beverages, etc.. Rather, explicitly asked how to go in their own and be able to return whenever they want...

Spencer offers s couple options, including the excellent Beach Break, which is easiest and fastest - but it's a tour, which the OP very clearly stated they were not interested in... Hence not bothering to mention it...

I was just giving the poster another option, there is no lunch included. However I don't think you need to be rude to me.

I was just giving the poster another option, there is no lunch included. However I don't think you need to be rude to me.

The Spencer snorkeling tour does not include lunch, but the beach break one most definitely does.. Not sure how my post was rude, but I apologize if you took it that way.

There's lots of snorkeling trips that are excellent, but again, the OP didn't ask about those...

I think that is a great option. I know the OP does not want a tour or package deal, but that seems to be the cheapest/easiest way to get to Jalousie. I researched a lot when we went there a couple of years ago. Spencer's beach break was the best deal I could find for just the beach.

I think that is a great option. I know the OP does not want a tour or package deal, but that seems to be the cheapest/easiest way to get to Jalousie. I researched a lot when we went there a couple of years ago. Spencer's beach break was the best deal I could find for just the beach.

Spencer's snorkeling trip, the one noted above, doesn't stop and stay at Jalouse beach. It's a two stop snorkeling trip, minimal or no beach time. Quite different trip from his Beach Break trip, which you've enjoyed, and which is pretty reasonably priced.

Hopefully the OP will actually return for their suggestions....

The Spencer snorkeling tour does not include lunch, but the beach break one most definitely does.. Not sure how my post was rude, but I apologize if you took it that way.

There's lots of snorkeling trips that are excellent, but again, the OP didn't ask about those...

Thanks No Problem.:)