Onboard Sunshine right now ... Any questions?

ufyellowfin

Are there two departure ports in New York--Manhattan and Cape Liberty?

Which one did you leave from? Do you know if the Sunshine always leaves from the same port? (We will be doing a New England/Canada cruise this fall.)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I'll be sailing on the Sunshine in October and we are sailing out of the Manhattan cruise port.

Edited by Cruzlover7

Which one did you leave from? Do you know if the Sunshine always leaves from the same port? (We will be doing a New England/Canada cruise this fall.)

I think Carnival only departs from NYC, next to the Intrepid floating museum. I have departed on several NYC Carnival cruises and have only left from the dock in NYC. Cape Liberty is for RC and maybe Norwegian.

Cape Liberty is in NJ for RC

Debarkation was a mess. No one listened to instruction. Told not to descend on deck 3 so they did. P/D and early flights who carried luggage got off then they forgot about P/D who put luggage out night before and called decks 1 through 6. Lines were forever. They had a generator test and turned off elevators in all of this!!! Finally off ship at 11:20am.

Limelight is too small for comedy shows, get there 35-40 minutes early. We had good comedians.

My steward and his assistant never called me by name. They kept putting the bathmat over the lip of the shower where it wicked up the water from the cooler full of ice as it condensed. For 6 days they couldn't get it right although I told them just to put it on the floor. I showed them what I meant over 5 times. Then they put the bathmat on the floor with the cooler on top of it and of course it was soaked! Finally the 7th day they got it right. It was comical. They did a good job cleaning.

Played in a slot pull with 44 people and after 2 long hours we quit the slot and played roulette and won enough for each of us to walk away with $15 winnings! Very tiring!

Port disembarking and reembarking quite simple.