Can we just wander??

passy

My dad and I dock in St Thomas with princess on 16 November. We're not ones for tours, we prefer just to walk from the ship into the town and mooch about, having a drink with a view and looking in shops - is this do-able please?

Very easy and it's exactly what we do in St Thomas...Havensight is wonderful and after a bit of wandering there take one of the open air taxi trucks $4.00pp one way into town...hop off at the tent market and enjoy walking around the town a block back. When you're ready to return to the ship you see/hear many shuttles yelling "Back to the ship" just wave one down and hop on $4.00pp for the return...you'll be dropped off near your ship.....Enjoy...can't wait to return again in March.

I know they look like shuttles, but they really are taxis. The taxi fare between town and Havensight is $4. Also, when they yell "Back to the ship!", make sure you get one that is going to YOUR ship. LOL

The "tent city" (groan) is Vendor's Plaza. It was setup to allow locals to sell their wares, but has turned into a junk shop selling cheap Indonesian merchandise. While it is very easy to find, I hope you wander the less busy alleys where the history of St Thomas as a trading center can be discovered. And even if you don't want to buy anything, wander through some of older stores for the architecture.

Hey all, I have been to St Thomas about 3 times. I use an electric scooter. Once I brought down scooter from ship and just drove around the stores. Other times I have stayed on the ship. I am scheduled again for St Thomas in May,. I was just wondering if I can take scooter outside and drive it around town. Is it doable. I know that in San Juan it is kind of hard because street are cobblestone. Please advice I just want to do something different. Thanks in advance.