Eric Resigns!

JaneBP

Just posted on FaceBook.

>"Hello All! I know many of you are wondering and yes, I have officially resigned from Seabourn Cruise Lines. Thank you to all for your friendship, understanding and support in this difficult decision. I look forward to keeping in touch with the many friends I have made over the years. Cheers!"

Just posted on FaceBook.

>"Hello All! I know many of you are wondering and yes, I have officially resigned from Seabourn Cruise Lines. Thank you to all for your friendship, understanding and support in this difficult decision. I look forward to keeping in touch with the many friends I have made over the years. Cheers!"

That is so sad..I hope that he has found a good spot. He will certainly be missed. Thanks for sharing Jane.

Just posted on FaceBook.

What a sharp stick in the eye. On our Legend cruise--marred by various social gaffes from inebriated passengers--he was the counter balance to so much ill will. Just a huge loss for Seabourn. I can't imagine anyone approaching him for either social skills or talent. And yes, I've been on other Seabourn cruises. I wonder if enough of us clap our hands whether he could return occasionally for "an encore" performance? Highly unrealistic, but just perhaps...

Just posted on FaceBook.

:(Even though we have only sailed once on SB, I must say that Eric was part of the reason our cruise was so memorable. He no doubt will continue sharing his musical talents and find even more success and happiness in the future. Big shoes to fill for who ever takes his place.

Is Eric a career cruise entertainer? If not, he may have decided that he had reached the time to broaden his horizons if he ever was going to. I don't think many talented people see cruise work as a lifetime job, although for some it ends up that way.

So sad. Seabourn is losing one of its greatest assets. I am sure Erik is not leaving showbiz and hope we will all be able to enjoy him in his next incarnation and that he is as successful as he deserves to be.

BTW thanks for the warning about the Odyssey CD/ACD team. I'll be sure to give it a miss for that reason, if no other (meaning I really prefer the size of the triplets)

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that they didn't give him one of the new ships. Instead we have a self aggrandizing dolt on the Odyssey with a mindless ACD there.

When we lunched with Eric in late March..he said that he had no desire to go to the bigger ships..as his particular style was for the smaller ships. Wherever he goes...his audience is very fortunate.

We just disembarked from Lisbon to Nice on Legend & thought Eric was great. It will be difficult to replace the tallest man on the seas & we hope he's going on to something even better.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that they didn't give him one of the new ships..

I think he was offered one of the larger ships, perhaps more than once, but the role of CD on the Big Sisters is so much different. He's an entertainer foremost. Guess we will miss hearing about his Grandfather, too.

I am afraid we are a jinx. Have been on 3 Seabourn cruises. All on the Legend.

After the first - Don Hodge left

Ater the second - Preston Coe left

Now Eric. So sad. All were great, but Eric was wonderful.

Bob

I am afraid we are a jinx. Have been on 3 Seabourn cruises. All on the Legend.

After the first - Don Hodge left

Ater the second - Preston Coe left

Now Eric. So sad. All were great, but Eric was wonderful.

Bob

Bob - I don't think you are a jinx. But one thing is for sure ... Eric was wonderful!

I don't know whether I'll miss the grandfather jokes or seeing him on roller skates the more. It's hard to beat the roller skates! I hope he stays on Seabourn even though we're tied, now, after only one cruise, to the small ships.

BTW thanks for the warning about the Odyssey CD/ACD team. I'll be sure to give it a miss for that reason, if no other (meaning I really prefer the size of the triplets)

That opinion is not shared by everybody!!

That opinion is not shared by everybody!!

Do they mean Barry and Handre?

I think so. One of the many appealing traits that Erik exhibited was a rare lack of egotism. I don't mean he didn't have an ego. But his focus was always on you, the audience. Not, as happens with some other CD's, look at me, look at me. We know a few actors, and humble isn't a word one would use to describe any of them. Since we're on the Sojourn in December, can someone tell me who the cruise director is?

Since we're on the Sojourn in December, can someone tell me who the cruise director is?

John Barron is the cruise director on the Maiden and subsequent cruises but I don't know when he gets off. The last I heard he wasn't on for the crossing in November so possibly won't be on in December.

Since we're on the Sojourn in December, can someone tell me who the cruise director is?

John Barron is the cruise director on the Maiden and subsequent cruises but I don't know when he gets off. The last I heard he wasn't on for the crossing in November so possibly won't be on in December.

I think that Jan will take over from John Barron (Great voice)and Barry Hopkins is doing the Sojourn World cruise.Handre is with John at the moment in Genoa on the Sojourn.

Just to clear things up regarding the cruise directors.

Seabourn has instructed the cruise directors on the new bigger ships to be a bit lower key than what has been the norm on the smaller ships.They have been told not to entertain too much but to introduce the acts that are there to entertain guests.

So do not expect to see a cruise director with spiky hair,on roller skates doing an act on stage, telling the same old jokes that we have heard on previous cruises with Seabourn.

Archived